Chapter 7

Within fifteen minutes the police were on the scene. It was obvious too Raymond that the boys (and girls) in blue had no idea what they were dealing with. In a small way he couldn't help but feel bad for them. The golden eyed youth was the cause of the destruction they had to now clean up. Also it wasn't every day they discover a green monster with a hole in it's head, on the side of the road.

Raymond was seen on the same rooftop the assailant was previously at. With a sigh the youth looked at the bullet briefly.  Their wasn't much to it aside from the symbols carved in it.

"Whoever they were they knew what they were doing." With another look at the bullet he couldn't help the smirk on his face.

"But they weren't so bright." The half monkey said. Flipping the bullet like a coin he caught it in his left hand. Putting the bullet on the ground Raymond stepped back. With mild concentration his body began shifting.  Getting on his knees hair began sprouting all over his body. His mouth extended into a muzzle with a black nose.

Gone was the young man. In his place was a dog. At first glance he appeared to be a German shepherd. His fur was brown and black all over. Looking down at the bullet, the dog began smelling it. From there the German Shepherd began walking around the rooftop it's nose working overtime. Once he made a lap around the perimeter the dog's tongue flopped out of it's mouth and it's tail began to wag.

And just like that the dog was gone. In it's place Raymond had returned. A grin was on his face.

"Got you." The half monkey said.

Jumping off the roof he was on, Raymond was seen in a dark alley. Only he wasn't seen walking out. Once again the German Shepherd was in Raymond's place. The dog ran down the road in search of the assailant.
---------------------------------------------------------
It took about an hour to find where the assailant was holed up. The German Shepherd was outside of a dirty motel that was more then likely infested with unsavory characters, and pests. The dog's nose smelled the air once again. This was definitely where the scent was strongest. Once again the animal disappeared, and Raymond stood in it's place.

The half monkey walked towards the "roachtel". He took slow and cautious steps up the stairs to the second floor. It wasn't because he was scared, it was because he didn't want to scare the shooter. It was obvious to him that they were fast and crafty if they got away the first time. Not this time though.

He was outside the door where the scent was. Rearing back the tailed youth kicked the door in. Walking into the room Raymond appraised it quickly. It was in complete dissarray. The bed was flipped over, the TV was cracked, and the curtains were torn. Upon further inspection the golden eyed youth saw blood on the dresser.

Reaching in his coat pocket he pulled out a white hankerchief. Wiping up the blood as a new scent in case he needed it. From there the tailed youth folded cloth up, and placed it back in his coat pocket. Raymond gave the room a once over to see if there was anything obvious that he missed.

There was nothing more to be seen in plain sight. Taking a deep breath the half monkey began to concentrate. Feeling a familiar pressure in his head, his golden eyes began to glow.

With his enhanced vision he saw two disembodied shapes before him. One was a dark blue almost an indigo color. The other was a very pretty shade of red. Based on the shapes interactions with each other it was obvious they were fighting. After awhile of trying to ascertain what had happened here, the pressure in his head became intolerable.

Closing his eyes tightly, an ache in his head began to rear it's ugly head. With a groan Raymond's hand reached up to rub at his eyes in a feeble attempt to make the pain go away. As always though, as quick as the pain came it was gone. With all the information he could glean from the motel room the tailed youth was ready to make his leave.

The only problem with that were the two police officers standing in the door way. The one on the left was a large man in his mid thirties. He was built like he played football in high school. The other was a small dark skinned woman. Her body language read 'no nonsense'. Which was a problem for Raymond, nonsense was his middle name.

"Ok, ok. I know what you're thinking, but let me tell you. This isn't what it looks like." The golden eyed youth said.

The two cops ignored what the young man said. The woman spoke first.

"We got a call about a domestic dispute at this motel." She told him.

"Aha you see domestic. I don't live here, in fact I'm not even staying in this motel." Raymond told them.

"You do realize you've just admitted to two officers of the law that you were breaking and entering?" The woman asked.

"Yes. Yes I do. Probably not my smartest moment." Raymond told them.

"Well we're going to have to take you to the station." The large man said. Pulling out his cuffs he approached the half monkey. Raymond put up zero fight as the larger man slapped the handcuff on him. The two cops lead the tailed male outside to their cop car.

"Look guys I understand you're just doing your job, but I'm kind of on a tight schedule." Raymond said. After he said that the half monkey snapped the cuffs, as if it was paper. From there he snapped the parts on his wrists off.

Needless to say the officers were completely shocked at his feat of strength.  As quick as they could, the two cops pulled there guns and aimed them at Raymond.

"Freeze/Don't move!" The officers yelled.

"Look come on we don't need to bare arms here. I'm just gonna go, and you and you're cop bodies can study the room all you want." He said. Raymond then turned around and started walking away.

"Stop in the name of the law or we'll be forced to shoot." They yelled at him.

"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead if you must." Raymond said with a wave of his hand. The officers had no choice, and proceeded to open fire.