Chapter 20

"What the hell are you?" Lyra demands with a fierce scowl. The imposter agent couldn't help the smile on his face.

"The better question is what are you? I didn't expect another like him." The man had a thoughtful expression. "You're strong, very strong. Those eyes. Hmmmm." Before he could say anything more. Lyra's fist was in his face. The man's body crashed into a parked car creating a huge dent in the side.

"Who my parents are is of no concern to you." She said in an icey tone. Chen's body was slumped into a heap in the side of the car. He wasn't moving. Seeing this Lyra ran to where her brother was lying prone.

"Charlie!" She called out. Her anger disappeared, replaced with worry and concern. Charlie's head had a large gash in it, the blood seeping into the pavement. The boy started coughing and wheezing. With Lyra's help he was propped up against the wall in a sitting position.

"Lyra?" He asked weakly. His voice was so quiet and small he sounded like a small child.

"I'm right here. We need to leave, I have to get you to a hospital." She told him.

"Lyra, I can't." He said slowly.

"Yes you can. I can help you." She said her eyes getting watery.

"No, I can't. I-I can't feel my legs. I'm cold." Tears were now in her brothers eyes. It felt like all the air had been sucked out of her lungs. A stray tear fell, followed by another. With all his strength he reached out to grab his sister's hand with his own.

"Listen to me. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I fucked up, I'm a fuck up. I never deserved you as a sister, but I'm so greatful, I'm so greatful you were in my life." He told her. Lyra said nothing her eyes wide and mouth agape.

"I won't hold you back anymore. You're free now. I." He never finished his hand limp and the light in his eyes gone. Lyra's eyes closed and released his hand with her head bowed. Grabbing Charlie's head with both hands she kissed his forehead.

"I'm sorry baby brother." She said.

"He didn't have to die Lyra." Chen's voice rung out. Lyra stood to her feet. "All you had to do was tell me where the monkey was, and I would have left, and promptly forgot all about your pointless existence." He told the girl. Turning around she faced the man her jaw clenched and knuckles white.

"You have no one to blame, but yourself." With a pained and rage filled scream she football tackled the man. Running with Zhao at a full sprint, they crashed through an apartment building. In one side and out the other. Before Zhao Chen could get up she had him by the scruff of his suit jacket. With her left hand clenched she punched him in the face, and then again, and again, and again. When her arm got tired she threw him into a wall.

The man raised his head and his eyes went wide in shock at the sight of a car. The only thing is that no one was driving it. Lyra dug her hands into a car and hurled it toward the man that killed her brother.

The car crumpled at the force of the girl's throw, and the impact of the wall. Walking over to wrecked car she rolled it back and forward to crush the man again. Spitting on the ground She said.

"That was for my brother." The sound of Police sirens hit her ears. The girl decided not to stick around much longer. What she didn't see as she walked away however was Zhao Chen's hand twitching, and his eyes opening.
---------------------------------------------------------
While the police were investigating the new wave of destruction. Lyra was seen at a pay phone. The white haired girl waited as the line continued to ring. She had a stream of tears going down both eyes.

"Hello." A females voice answered.

"Mom." The girl said.

"Oh it's you. Did you find Charlie?" The woman asked.

"Yeah I found him." Lyra answered.

"Well let me talk to him." The woman demanded.

"Mom." Lyra said again.

"What?" She asked in an annoyed voice.

"Charlie's dead." The girl told her mom. The line was silent for a moment. The pit in Lyra's stomach ached even worse.

"What do you mean he's dead? What did you do!? Why didn't you protect him!?" Was all she heard before dropping the phone and walking away. The accusational tone in her mother's voice destroyed her. The blue eyed girl's mom always blamed her for everything. The only difference this time is that Charlie's death was on her hands, and for what. Not selling out a guy she just met?

Why? Why didn't she just tell Chen where Raymond was going. She knew, and she also knew Raymond can handle himself in a fight. Why did she protect him?

Maybe because for a brief moment she didn't feel alone this world. She had met someone like herself. Someone with the blood of a god.

The girl was sitting against the wall sobbing. After she cried out the last of her tears, Lyra made a decision. The white haired girl had to leave New York. Standing to her feet she started walking.
---------------------------------------------------------
Inside a parking garage we see Lyra in a new set of clothes; not wanting to wear the one's her brother's blood was on. She has a red t shirt on, a pair of blue jeans and a leather jacket she "borrowed" from someone. It was a single size to big for her, but it did the job.

It didn't take her long to find what she was looking for. A blue tarp covered a vehicle. Throwing it off revealed a black Motorcycle. Getting on she put the key and in the ignition, and proceeded to kick start bike. The vehicle's engine roared to life. Putting the kick stand up she revved the engine twice. Riding out of the garage, and then the city she knew exactly where she was headed. Pittsburgh. With a few stray tears and her hair whipping behind her, Lyra headed off to find the half monkey. He had to know something.