Chapter 41

Felix bursted through a door leading to the roof of the building. Standing before him was Raymond with his arms crossed.

"Jeez you're a slow poke. I was waiting for two whole minutes." The half monkey said looking at his non existent watch. Felix stood up a little straighter, and took a more relaxed stance. A crooked grin crossed the assassin's face.

"Well aren't we full of ourselves. You know I like that in the people I kill. " he told Raymond.

"Oh do you now?" The half monkey asked.

Oh yeah. The thrill I get when they're bleeding out on the ground. All the wisecracks and bravado vanish. They're left helpless begging for mercy from any one and anything." He said a demented look on his face.
"And do you want to know a secret?" He asked. "Nobody comes to their rescue." He finished.

Raymond furrowed his brows lightly.

"Well that escalated quickly now didn't." The tailed youth stated. "I hate to break it to you chief. I'm dying someday, but it isn't going to be today." He said to Felix.

"Good, that's great attitude to have kid. Denial is the first stage of grief, but you're going to live long enough to experience the other four!" He yelled doing a spinning jump at Raymond. Felix was like a tornado, he was spinning so fast.

Raymond's eyes went wide in surprise. Thinking quickly the half monkey did a back hand spring getting out of the way of Felix. Landing on his feet, Raymond launched towards the spinning Felix. Raymond's kneecap met Felix's chin head on, mid spin.

The assassin's body went flying back; though he managed to correct himself with a back roll. Raymond charged forward ready for a follow up only to be met by Felix's boot to his middle. Not giving his target a chance; Felix punched Raymond in the face while he was still lurched over. The man grabbed the half monkey by the back of his hair and lifted him up.

"That kick hurt you know." The assassin said.

"Glad to hear it." Raymond said pushing the man's hand away.  Raymond went for a punch of his own, but Felix disappeared from sight. Reappearing Felix punched Raymond in the face again. Dropping to his knees Felix kicked him in the gut.

"You're out of your league junior. Give it up and I'll make it quick." The red head said. Staggering to his feet Raymond let out a chuckle.

"I haven't even gotten started friend." Raymond said going for a punch. Felix disappeared again. Only this time Raymond was ready.

His golden eyes glowed bright. Turning quickly he caught Felix's wrist. As hard as he could he punched Felix in his gut. The man hacked up a lung from the force. Drool oozed from his mouth from the blow.

"Gotcha." The half monkey said. "My turn." He punched his assailant in the face and threw the man across the roof of the building. The scraggly man landed hard on the ground. Coughing Felix stood, and fixed a death glare at his target. Going invisible again he charged at Raymond. The half monkey smirked at the same tactic being used. Jumping up he did a roundhouse kick in the area the assassin was. Once again Felix was dropped to the ground.

"I didn't even have to use my eyes that time. Looks like you're running out of tricks." The tailed man said cheekily.

"Oh trust me kid I ain't out of tricks. Not by a long shot." Felix said with gritted teeth. Once again the assassin disappeared only this time when he reappeared there was a perfect copy of himself.

It didn't stop there however. From there he kept multiplying until he surrounded Raymond. The half monkey was mildly surprised by this. His eyes glowed bright once again. Each copy had a dull glow, except for the main body. Felix's aura was much brighter giving him away.

Raymond leaped high into the sky above each copy of Felix. All they could do was watch as the half monkey was in the sky. With his golden eyes glowing bright he landed before his assailant.

"Pop goes the weasel." Raymond said. With his staff out he hit the man in the gut with end of it, followed by a hit to the face with the opposite end. Finishing with a sweep to the feet.

The assassin was looking up at Raymond a look of shock and awe crossed his face. The half monkey placed his staff on the man's chest to keep him down.

"It's over you lost. Now I suggest you get lost, and leave us al-" but the sentence died in Raymond's throat as a knife was thrown into across his head. His vision began to blur as the world around him was changed in scope and color. He heard the sound of clapping as it echoed all around him. Quickly he looked down to the man he had pinned only for him to vanish into nothingness.

The half monkey felt a cold liquid on his left side. Reaching a shakey hand he felt the left side of his head. It was then he saw the sight of his own blood.

"What the hell is happening?" He asked before being kicked across the rooftop. All the copies disappeared creating a black mist around the two. Before him stood the real Felix. At least from what his blurred vision could see. The assassin's crooked smile was back on his face as he said.

"Oh trust me Raymundo. We're far from done here."
---------------------------------------------------------
An: I hope you all enjoy the story so far. We're getting close to 6k reads which is awesome. Thank you to everyone who's voted and your nice comments. I appreciate you all.