xxi. grilled cheesus

Season Two. Episode Three. Grilled Cheesus

RUBY CARTER WAS REALLY TRYING TO KEEP HER COOL. But Puck was really testing her patience and if he didn't stop talking about the stupid shit he did at the weekend, the most recent girl he hooked up with, literally anything at all and she was going to snap! The brunette really didn't care about the fact he was unusually chatty but it was annoying her more than usual. Placing her hand on his knee, Ruby looked up at him with pleading eyes as he looked at her hand and then back at her face with intrigue. 

"For the love of God. Please be quiet."  Ruby smiled as sweetly as she could before turning back to the front.

"Mr Schue?"  Finn put his hand up before standing up and turning to face everyone. "I have something to say, something happened to me. I can't really get into it but it's shaken me to the core."

"Oh my God. He's coming out!"  

Ruby immediately threw her hand out, aiming and successfully hitting Puck in the stomach. He caught Ruby's hand as he doubled over from the impact. "Why, yes. There is a man who sort of recently come into my life and that man is Jesus Christ."  Finn told them. 

Puck dropped her hand in shock. Her jaw dropping in sync, Ruby cocked her head to the side as she looked at him like he had three heads. Ruby wouldn't say she was overly religious, granted she grew up in a Catholic household but she was never forced into following anything and she knew for definite Finn wasn't religious so what on earth was happening right now.

"That's way worse."  Puck said.

"And I know there's others in here who dig him too so I thought maybe this week we could pay tribute to him in music. You know -- pay tribute to Jesus."  His enthusiasm had really caught his best friend off guard. Ruby literally didn't know what to say anymore.

"Sorry. But if I wanted to sing about Jesus. I'd go to church and the reason I don't go to church is because most churches don't think very much of gay people -- or women -- or science."  Kurt pointed out.

"I don't see anything wrong with getting a little church up in here!"  Mercedes grinned.

"I agree. I've had a really hard year and I turned to God a lot for help. I for one wouldn't mind saying thanks."  Quinn argued her point.

"Thanks for what?"  Santana quipped, "That it didn't come out a lizard baby?"  She taunted her.

"Whenever I pray I fall asleep."

"Guys maybe our song selections don't have to be about Jesus. We can do songs about spirituality."  Mr Schue suggested.

"You got a problem with Jesus?"  Finn snapped in Puck's direction.

Instantly sitting up straighter, Puck snapped back. "Ohh I got no problem with the guy. I'm a total Jew for Jesus! He's my number one Heb! What I don't like seeing is people using J-Money to cramp everybody else's style because it seems to me that true spirituality or whatever you want to call it. Is about enjoying the life that you've been given. I mean I see God every time I make out with a new chick."

"Ain't that right Princess?"  He smirked and getting right under her skin.

"He's kidding!"  She addressed her friends, as they all whipped their heads in their direction. "You're gross!"  Ruby shoving him away from her.