xxiv. never been kissed

Season Two. Episode Six. Never Been Kissed

NOAH PUCKERMAN WAS FINALLY OUT OF JUVIE AND BACK AT MCKINLEY. The dynamic of the choir room already shifting back to how it felt before he decided to ramp up his stupidity and land himself in a juvenile detention centre in the first place. The group cheered upon his arrival to the choir room as they welcomed him back. Puck, already a little happier than he was a mere moment ago at the thought that the glee club had seemed to have missed him and it wasn't in-fact just Ruby; who had been more than patient with him when he bombarded her with calls.

"I ruled that place."  Puck boasted, "All I did was crack sculls and lift weights all day."

"You really do make it hard to tolerate you sometimes!"  Ruby rolled her eyes at him.

"Wow. What a catch. I can't believe I ever let you go."  Quinn quietly sassed. 

Ready for his big announcement, Mr Schue stood up front with bright eyes as he held up a sheet of paper. Asking Finn for drum roll, he geared up for the big news. "I have here, in my hand. Our competition for Sectionals next month. First the a capella choir from the all boys private school in Westerville, the Dalton Academy Warblers."

"Okay, hold up."  Santana sniggered. "Like a million awesome gay jokes popped into my head!"

"And the other team to beat, The Hipsters from the Warren Township Continuing Education Program. Now, they are a glee club composed entirely of  elderly people getting their high school GEDs."  Mr Schue told them.

"How are we supposed to compete against a bunch of adorable old people?"  Mercedes asked Mr Schue.

"Easy. You give one of those old ladies a good luck pat on the rear, it'll shatter her pelvis."  Puck smirked.

"God you really are intolerable today aren't you?!" Ruby groaned as he smirked at her.

Completely ignoring the two teenagers Mr Schue stood up and continued with his announcement. "To get you guys jazzed about Sectionals last year, I want to make this week our second annual boys versus girls tournament. So, split up into two groups and figure out what songs you're going to sing."  

A quiet buzz simmered across the choir room as the teenagers instantly congregated to their new groups, ready to brain storm song ideas and excited for the competition during the week ahead.

***

HAVING JUST SAID GOODBYE TO KURT AS HE HEADED TO HIS NEXT CLASS. Ruby yanked open her locker to replace her books when she was accosted by Azimio and Karofsky who started catcalling when her Cheerio's skirt flew up, as she spun on the balls of her feet. Slamming her locker shut, she sent them a glare before flipping them off as she retreated down the corridor.

Not getting very far she felt a hand wrap around the top of her arm and yanking her out of her path. Ruby quickly smoothed down her uniform before realising she was stood in front of Sam and Quinn. Quinn looked furious and when she turned to Sam, he sent her a shy smile. A blush rising across his cheeks, an identical one appearing upon the apples of the brunette's cheeks as she reciprocated the small gesture.

"Hey Q! What's up?"  Ruby quickly turned to the angry blonde.

"I need a witness."  She replied.