xvii. funk

Season One. Episode Twenty One. Funk

RUBY CARTER WAS NOT EXPECTING TO BE CALLED TO AN EMERGENCY MEETING FIRST THING ON A MONDAY MORNING. So when Matt came running to find her and dragged her through the crowded hallways of McKinley with no explanation, Ruby was more than confused. She found the majority of the glee club already in the auditorium when they got there.

 What she she wasn't expecting was to find Jesse St James and rest of Vocal Adrenaline all congregated on the stage. A hundred different things flew through her mind and if that stupidly charming snake Jesse had anything to do with this, she knew he had slithered on back to Carmel High behind their backs.

Rachel came running in, quickly followed by the rest of the missing New Directions and addressed her 'boyfriend' who was now making his way to the front of the stage to finally give them some answers.

  "Jesse? What are you doing up there with them?"

"I've transferred back to Carmel High Rachel. I'm sorry it's come to this but you guys were awful to me. You never accepted me. You never listened to my clearly superior ideas."

"Why are you here in our auditorium?"  Finn stepped forward.

"The blogs and chat rooms say that we're finished and you guys are ripe to topple us. We just wanted to show you a little something that we came up with a few days ago to see if you agree with that assessment."  Jesse smirked as they all got in positions.

*Another One Bites The Dust performed by Vocal Adrenaline*

Ruby opened and closed her mouth before settling on her most common facial expression, her resting bitch face and crossed her arms firmly across her chest. She wanted to check out everyone else but she couldn't take her eyes off the god damn traitor as he frolicked around the stage with the enemy.

"Thanks for letting us borrow your auditorium guys. It's quaint!"  Their female lead laughed before leading the rest of Vocal Adrenaline out.

Jesse stayed put for a second as he stared at Rachel with that stupid smirk and Ruby wondered what the hell he was going to do next. But she wished she hadn't bothered because it couldn't have gone any worse. Sighing, Jesse finally followed suit but stopped before reaching the wings to catch their attention one last time.

"Oh before I leave -- Hudson ask Bee about the dance studio and that thing she does with her tongue -- you'll love it."  He smirked before promptly leaving Ruby to deal with the fall out.

Ruby's froze as his words reached her ears, her jaw dropping and her instant reaction was to run after him and punch him in the face but the notion didn't have time to fully cross her mind and set that plan in motion. As seemingly the only person to stop her, wrapped their hand around her wrist and kept her from running after him. Looking up, she had never been more grateful for Noah Puckerman. 

She was not about to be excluded over Jesse St James.

***

AFTER VOCAL ADRENALINE HAD OFFICIALLY LEFT THE NEW DIRECTIONS IN A FUNK. After their annoyingly good rendition of the Queen classic, Mr Schue was determined to get them out the funk they were all well and truly settling in to. So he had decided that this week's lesson was going to be funk. After all Vocal Adrenaline had never performed a funk number due to being soulless robots and if there was one thing Ruby was in the mood for, funk or no funk and that was revenge.