xxix. the sue sylvester shuffle

Season Two. Episode Eleven. The Sue Sylvester Shuffle

RUBY CARTER WAS VERY FOND OF ARTIE ABRAMS. And recently over the past couple of months she had made the conscious effort to spend time with her friend from glee club, knowing sometimes the others unconsciously neglect to involve him in their plans. Cheekily offering the brunette a ride to glee rehearsal the Cheerio happily hopped on his lap as they wheeled their way to the choir room. They didn't get very far however as their path was blocked by the football players and surrounded the two of them into a corner.

"Ohhh look it's the Cheerio bitch and the cripple! You doing some charity work sweetheart?"  Karofsky laughed.

"Ohhh I'd watch you mouth if I were you Karofsky. I know some things you'd want taking to the grave so I'd shut up sharpish if I were you -- sweetheart."  Ruby snapped, sending him a sharp glare.

"Enough!"  Azimio shouted, "So I was going through my bucket list and I realised you two are the only glee losers I haven't slushied yet!"

"Damn near broke his heart."  Karofsky sneered at them.

"Lucky me, I caught you both together!"  Azimio sent a smug smile in their direction.

"Well what about the moral implications of abusing a kid in a wheelchair."  

"Come on. Leave Artie out of it! Throw the damn slushees at me."  Ruby defended her friend, jumping off his lap and standing up to the two ring leaders.

"I say equal opportunity for all. Now get back over there."  Azimio shrugged as Karofsky sent a sharp shove to Ruby's shoulders and sending her flying back into Artie's lap. Wrapping an arm around her waist as he caught her, Artie had only just managed to whisper "Are you okay?"  in the cheerleader's ear before the entire football team poured eighteen cold slushees straight on top of their heads and covering them from head to toe before running off quickly.

Completely frozen, Ruby managed to peel herself off Artie's lap and whispered a soft, "Come on, let's go."   before pushing a shivering Artie towards the choir room, teeth chattering and the red dye number six sticking to her entire body. She had never felt worse, okay maybe that one time everyone found out she fooled around with Jesse St James in the dance studio, but physically she had never felt worse.

"Artie!"  Tina gasped as they stepped in the room.

"Bee!" Kurt gasped in sync.

"It was awful."  Artie shivered as they came to a halt in front of their friends.

Puck and Sam were instantly on their feet and making their way towards the two of them. The other boys following them rapidly as Finn jumped from his seat."THAT'S IT! Screw rehearsal. This ends here and now!"

Placing a gentle hand on the side of Ruby's face and a comforting hand on Artie's shoulder, Puck whispered to her. "I want names. They won't get away with this Princess."

"We're gonna go all Thunderdome on those guys!" Puck shouted as the boys headed past the two shivering friends. 

"So this is is what the ladies lounge looks like on the inside."  Strando laughed as they all made intruding on their space.