ii. showmance

Season One. Episode Two. Showmance

MR SCHUESTER HAD DECIDED ON REMAINING AT MCKINLEY MUCH TO THE CHAGRIN OF FINN HUDSON'S FRIENDS AND GIRLFRIEND. Ruby was currently sitting in the cafeteria with Quinn Fabray and what was dubbed as the rest of the Unholy Trinity as they ate lunch together, discussing what they had collectively agreed was social suicide. There was no way Finn's reputation would recover if he kept being in glee club up.

"I mean what has he said to you about all of this?"  Quinn asked curiously, hoping Ruby had more answers than she did.

"Honestly -- Nothing. I don't know if he thinks he's good at hiding the fact he's still in glee club or he really is oblivious to his surroundings but I caught him singing disco the other day Quinn -- DISCO!"

Ruby watched Quinn groan as she stabbed at her salad angrily. Finn was leaving them in the dark whilst simultaneously being so blatantly obvious that he was still involved with the singing group that the two of them didn't know what to do with him anymore.

Drowning out whatever it was Santana was talking about, Ruby thought about the whole situation. She just didn't think it was feasible to be quarterback of the school football team, be at the top of the food chain and have everybody want to be his friend and then be in glee club at the same time which was quite frankly sub-basement of all of the school clubs without it damaging his place at this school.

Ruby was the sort of person who wanted to breeze through life with as little confrontation as possible and just being associated with Finn whilst he was off singing disco with the glee club was jeopardising her plan to graduate from high school without a scuffle. I mean, Ruby saw Karofsky throw a slushee in Rachel Berry's face just yesterday simply for being in glee and Ruby Carter was not in a hurry for that to happen to her anytime soon.

"Has Finn clocked on that you know he's lying yet?"  Quinn asked, pulling Ruby back out of her daydream.

Ruby shook her head at the blonde. 

"Does he know YOU saw him singing that stupid Don't Stop Believin' song with those other glee kids?"

"Wait, how did you know they sang Don't Stop Believin?" Santana interjected before Quinn could answer.

"I was in the auditorium with Puckerman. Why?"

Santana instantly straightened up as she eyed the younger brunette with a hard glare. 

"Puckerman?"  She queried frostily.

"Yeah, we both heard the singing and found ourselves watching from the same doorway. We went to the Lima Bean to bitch about Finn afterwards but don't worry, I think he's repulsive. No offence!"  

Santana nodded and sent Ruby a small smile accepting her answer as the four of them finished up their lunch and went their separate ways.

***

SANTANA LOPEZ WAS CURRENTLY TRYING TO GET RUBY CARTER TO ATTEND THE CELIBACY CLUB WITH HER.  Trying to drown out the excessive ramble about it as she walked away from the older girl, Ruby was not in the mood to join anything that she didn't believe in. But she couldn't take Santana's begging any longer.