xli. i am unicorn

Season Three. Episode Two. I Am Unicorn

MR SCHUESTER HAD ORDERED MANDATORY BOOTY CAMP WITH BOTH SECTIONALS AND THE MUSICAL ON THE HORIZON. Stating that in order to be the best, then some of them had to improve on their dancing skills. Knowing straight away it was him; Finn had admitted defeat and accepted he needed help alongside Puck and an annoyed Mercedes and Blaine who volunteered to come and brush up on his dancing skills.

Running out of the choir room after her, Ruby turned over her shoulder when she heard Mike calling her name. Skidding to a halt in front of her, her ex sent her a wide smile without uttering a word and Ruby sent him an unimpressed look, when he hadn't said anything after a substantial amount of time.

"Okay Chang. What do you want?"

"Can't a guy talk to his beautiful, talented friend without wanting something?"  He asked completely unconvincingly.

"Mike Chang! Are you flirting with me because you have a girlfriend!"  Ruby gasped, dramatically clutching at her heart.

"Ehh no! I'm not trying to get my head kicked in by Puckerman! I just wanted to know if you would do the honour of being my fellow booty camp coach?"  Mike asked, looking at her hopefully.

"What's in it for me?"  Ruby raised an eyebrow, teasing him as she crossed her arms across her chest, hoping to make him sweat a little even though she knew her answer already.

"You and I in the dance studio like the good old days! Please, you know you want to Bee!"  Mike begged.

"I wouldn't say that too loud considering our history! According to JBI's blog my reputation precedes me when it comes to 'being seen in the dance studio'"  She mocked. "But you could have just asked normally, I would have said yes. You didn't have to kiss my ass!"  Ruby laughed.

Immediately grabbing Ruby; Mike pulled her into an appreciative hug before pulling away and running off, "Fantastic! I'll see you at the dance studio after glee!"  He shouted over his shoulder before dashing into his next classroom. 

Ruby cringed at the loudness of her friend as the fellow students stopped to look at the source of the noise before sending judgey glances in her direction. The brunette slapped her forehead in exasperation. Mike didn't need to worry about Puck when she was going to kill him, herself!

***

RUBY AND RACHEL SAT NEXT TO ONE ANOTHER AS THEY WATCHED FINN WORK. Ruby didn't have a clue what he was doing but watched on fascinated as Rachel watched in awe, the epitome of the heart eye emoji as they watched him fix the tire or whatever it was that he was doing. But the three of them were getting some quality time together as a trio.

"Lug nut."  Rachel handed over the small nut she had been fiddling with as they watched him work. "Wrench."  Finn held out his hand again to which Ruby placed it in his hand dramatically with a bright grin.

"Wow. I feel like we've worked really hard here Rachel!"  Ruby teased, nudging the girl with a bright smile.

"You're really good at that, whatever it is that you're doing over there!"  She beamed at him after making sure to roll her eyes at Ruby's comment.