iii. acafellas

Season One. Episode Three. Acafellas

RUBY CARTER STOOD IN FRONT OF THE THREE CHEERIOS IN COMPLETE AGAHST AT WHAT THEY HAD JUST TOLD HER. Sure, she was partial to singing as much as the next person but what the three cheerleaders had just told her, had genuinely blown her mind. Especially since Santana looked wildly uncomfortable as Quinn told her what had just gone down.

"I'm sorry. Did you just say you joined the glee club?"

"Yes. Santana, Brittany and I all decided to join the glee club together and I think you should join us too." Quinn said to the brunette as they followed her to her history class.

"I'd rather not receive a slushee to the face every morning from the neanderthals on the football team. So thanks but no thanks." Ruby retorted back to her friends.

"Please Bee. Look if I can do it, you can join too!" Santana said her tone exasperated which amused Ruby greatly.

"Santana you can't just look at me like that and expect me to do whatever you want -- again!" Ruby rolled her eyes. "Anyway I thought you all despised the glee club, what's with the change of heart?"

"Someone has to keep that 'thing' in line. You must have noticed that she was all over Finn. Plus Coach Sylvester told us to spy for her." Quinn told her rather matter of factly.

Ruby cocked an eyebrow at the blonde and placed her hands on her hips, "Okay, I don't even want to know. Keep me out of it. But I'm telling you that imbecile Karofsky will not put a halt to the slushee throwing anytime soon and I don't want to be on the receiving end of one. So count me out. I'll see you girls later."

Ruby spun round with a quick wave to enter her next classroom; leaving the three cheerleaders to think of way to get her to endure Mr Shue's dancing with them because it was going to be a long year without their little protégée.

***

NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS WEEK BUT RUBY CARTER'S JAW WAS ON THE FLOOR WHEN FINN HUDSON TOLD HER HE HAD JOINED MR SCHUE'S MAN BAND. Sitting in her best friend's bedroom, she physically couldn't comprehend what she had just been told and quite frankly Ruby thought he had finally gone insane.

"So let me get this straight. You, Finn Hudson have joined Mr Schuester's man band that consists of him, his wife's work colleague Howard Bamboo, the creepy ex glee club teacher Mr Ryerson, you AND Puck?" Ruby asked, accentuating every detail to make sure Finn understood how weird this was.

"Yeah! And we're not a man band, we're a vocal group! Called the Acafellas."  He grinned at her.

Ruby blinked rapidly as she stared at the boy in front of her thinking he was going to break and start laughing in her face and that this was one big joke because this wasn't normal for a sixteen year old -- sorry two sixteen year olds to do. Ruby was really confused as to how Puck had even been roped into entire thing but she really didn't have he energy to ask or even care about Puck's involvement.

She didn't think it could get any worse and then Finn told her what they were singing; forcing a groan out of her as she threw her self back in defeat. With the grin etched across his face as he told her, Ruby knew that there was no changing his mind.