xliv. the first time

Season Three. Episode Five. The First Time

BLAINE ANDERSON COULD BE VERY PERSUASIVE WHEN HE WANTS TO BE. Which is how he had managed to convince Ruby Carter to accompany him on a day out to Dalton Academy to ask The Warblers if they would attend the opening night of West Side Story. As they were walking the halls towards The Warbler's common room, Ruby voiced her concerns about trespassing as they were technically, The Warbler's rivals.

"Come on Angel. It'll be fine. Remember Kurt walked straight on in to spy on us and didn't even attempt to blend in!"  Blaine chuckled.

"I know, but what if it's awkward. I'm literally going to be the only girl there."  Ruby voiced more concerns; as she gripped onto Blaine's arm.

As they descended the corridor; the two of them shared a glance with one another when they heard beautiful singing coming from Blaine's former common room. As they approached the ascending volume; Blaine leant against their door frame, Ruby following suit and leaning up against the opposite side of the archway, enjoying the performance as The Warblers sang Billy Joel's Uptown Girl.

*Uptown Girl performed by The Warblers*

(Ruby is pulled into the performance by Sebastian - in replace of the female teacher)

"You guys killed it, as always!"  Blaine exclaimed; jumping up to great his old buddies.

"We'd sound so much better with you back in the mix. Is this your triumphant return to Dalton? Please?"  Trent asked; the other boys looking on pleadingly, a teasing glint in their smiles.

"Actually, my little angel and I are here to invite you guys to my -- our opening night at McKinley. West Side Story."  Blaine said proudly; producing the tickets from his back pocket. "I reserved a whole block of tickets just for the Warblers. It would mean the world to me if you guys could come."

"We'll be there. Once a Warbler, always a Warbler, right?"   The handsome boy who had sung to Ruby, announced and the rest of the team cheered, clapping Blaine on the back as they made their way out.

"Blaine Anderson. Sebastian Smythe."  He introduced himself. "You are darling?"  Sebastian turned to Ruby with a smile.

"Ruby Carter. Pleasure."  Ruby returned the smile; but she felt a little off with the way he was eyeing up Blaine.

"Hi. Are you a freshman?"

"Do I look, like a freshman?"  Sebastian retaliated and rendering both Blaine and Ruby a little speechless before gesturing they go somewhere else for a chat.

Following Sebastian; the two shared a look of interest, the two friends not really knowing how to take the confident teenager. The two took a seat opposite him when they arrived in the school's communal spot. "So, you're a legend at Dalton."

"Well I..."

"Don't be modest. I was like, 'I don't know who this Blaine guy is' but apparently he's sex on a stick and sings like a dream. So -- sucks that I missed him."  Sebastian laughed and Ruby shuffled awkwardly in her seat. "Alright. Since I'm working to recreate your meteoric ascent, I need to ask. Why did you leave Dalton? Were you bored with all the preppies around here? Or is it you broke too many hearts to stay?"