My Date With Adric

~Chapter Twelve~

Skylar's P.O.V.

"I wish Zack wasn't like that." I tell her, sighing as I lay back into the bed.

"I used to think that Zack was a good person but after what he did to you, making you cry like that," She shakes her head. "Makes me mad."

The doorbell rings, so I get up, walk to the door, and open it.

My eyes widen in surprise, seeing who it is.

"What the heck are you doing here, you freakin jerk!" I shout at Zack.

"I came to apologize and ask you to forgive me..." Zack frowns.

"Well guess what, you're wasting your time because I won't forgive you!" I tell him, sternly.

"But why?" He pouts.

Geez. He looks like a little kid when he does that... It's kind of cute... Wait! What am I saying? It's not cute, it's annoying.

"I'm not going to forgive you and have you hurt me again!" I shout, crossing my arms and glaring at him. He flinches at my loud voice.

"I didn't mean to hurt you again, Skylar... I swear." He tries to give me the puppy dog eyes but I refuse to let it get to me.

"Lexy! Bring me my air-soft gun, please!" I yell to her.

Lexy walks down the hall from my room and hands me my air-soft gun and Zack's eyes widen.

"Skylar, come on." I shoot him in the leg.

"Ouch! That hurt!" He shouts. I smirk, evilly.

"I know. Now leave before I shoot you in the leg again." I watch as puts his hands up in surrender and turns around, running straight for his car.

As he's running, I shoot him in the leg again, anyways. I laugh because it looks like he was dancing when he jumps around.

I close the door and turn around and face Lexy. "I don't think he'll be coming back any time soon." I tell her. She chuckles.

~~~

The next day, after Zack's visit, he came into the coffee shop and sat down. He hasn't done anything or ordered anything. He's just sitting there. staring at me with a smirk on his face.

I walk over to him.

"So, did you decide that you would forgive me?" He asks. "Ha! No," I snort. "I just came over to tell you that you need to leave and stop staring at me."

Zack sighs and says, "You have to forgive me sooner or later, Gorgeous."

I look at him with a threatening glare.

"No, actually, I don't. Now leave. And don't call me Gorgeous!" I tell him, sternly, as I point out the door. He stands up, looks at me, then walks out.

I start cleaning the tables off, and a few minutes later someone walks up from behind me.

Why is he back again?

"Go away, Zack... And didn't you just walk out a few minutes ago?" I ask him.

"Um... I'm not Zack, I'm Adric, and I'd like to take you out on a date tonight." Adric said, slightly confused but in a happy tone.

My eyes widen as I turn around.

"Adric, hi!" I said, loudly. He laughs. "So, what's your answer?"

I think for a minute. "Yes! I'd love to go out with you!" I jump up and down.

"Whoa, come down there, Skylar." He chuckles. "Sorry, I just got excited." I tell him. "I could tell," Adric smiles at me. "So, I'll pick you up at 6:30 tonight for our date?" He asks me. I nod to him.