Heartbroken

~Chapter Four~

Skylar's P.O.V.

I've been back from Washington for four days and in those four days I've been on Xbox. Zack hasn't sent me any party invites... I've sent him a couple of party invites every day that I've been online but he never joins. He hasn't sent me any messages, telling me why he hasn't talked to me lately, either.

"Ugh! He's not answering any of my messages!" I yell.

"Well, maybe he's playing a game with someone." Kathie said.

Oh yeah. Kathie got her xbox live account while I was in Washington. So, we've been talking some since I got back.

"He's on the dashboard." I tell her, annoyed.

"Ok... Well maybe he's talking to a friend." She suggests.

I sigh. "Well I'm gonna go find out."

I go to the xbox menu, click on friends, then click on parties, then I look at his party.

After I noticed he was talking to a girl, my eyes widened and my heart started racing. It felt like it was pounding against my chest.

"He's talking to someone." I muffled.

"See, he's just busy." Kathie said.

"He's talking to a girl." I said, bluntly.

"Well... Maybe she's just a good friend."

"Well, Maybe she's not!" I shout, harshly.

"I'm just trying to stay on the positive side." Kathie's voice changed from happy to sad with a few seconds, so I calmed myself down to apologize to her.

"Sorry, Kathie. I'm just... Frustrated."

"It's ok, Skylar." Kathie's voice is quiet and disappointed sounding which made me feel even more guilty.

"I sigh. "Ok..."

"Hey, I'm gonna go ahead and get off, but I'll talk to you later."

"Alright, bye Kathie."

I got up and went to the kitchen to get some food, when I came back... You wouldn't believe who was in party.

That's right. It was Zack.

I rush to my headset and put it on. "Zack?!" I yell.

"Whoa, that was loud... But hi."

"Where have you been! I've sent you messages and invites to parties and you never replied to any of them." I said, disappointed.

"I'm sorry... I've been talking to a friend of mine because she's been really depressed lately." Zack said, quietly.

"Oh..." Now I just feel awkward.

"Yeah. I'm here now though." Zack said, happily. I'm still not happy though... Actually, I'm pretty ticked.

"You could have told me that sooner, you know." I cross my arms in frustration.

"Yeah, I know... And I should have." I could tell just by listening to him that he's disappointed in himself.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so harsh." I apologize.

"No, it's alright."

It was quiet for a few minutes so I decided to speak up.

"So... Wanna play White Noise?"

"Sure..."

We started playing it, and as usual, he's freaking out.

"Geez. This game is so freaky." Zack said.