Moving to Canada

~Chapter Five~

Skylar's P.O.V

As life went on, and I grew up, I decided to live my dream by moving to Canada. So, I started looking for apartments in Canada by the time I turned 19. After looking for 2 months none stop, I found an apartment. I'll have a roommate but as long as I have a place to stay then I'm fine. There's a job that I found at a coffee shop in Canada. I know it may not be the best job but as long as it helps pay for an apartment, then I don't see anything wrong with it.

I'm already packed and ready to go, my plane leaves for Canada tomorrow at 6:30 PM. I'm happy that I'm moving to Canada, but I'm sad as well. It's going to be really hard to leave everyone.

~~~

When tomorrow finally arrives, I spend it with my best friend Kathie and my parents. We were all having a blast with bowling and just hanging out... But after I got to the airport, it ended with all of us crying... I gave all of them tight hugs.

"Now, you better come visit us for the holidays, or we aren't going to be very happy with you." My mom told me.

"I promise I'll come visit when I can." I tell her.

"Good! Because we are gonna miss you so much!" Kathie said as she hugs me tightly.

"I'm gonna miss all of you guys, too..." I reply.

"We are now boarding our flight to Canada. Please check in if you are on this flight."

"I guess that's my cue that I need to get going..." My eyes started tearing up again.

"You have a good time in Canada, sweetie." My dad said, smiling. I nod and smile at them.

I walk over, get checked in, and I board the plane and find my seat which is next to the window.

Yes! I love window seats!

After everyone is finally aboard the plane and we start to leave, I watch as we go down the runway, and I already start missing North Dakota even though we haven't left yet.

~~~

After hours had passed of flying on the plane. We finally landed.

I get off the plane and call a taxi. It gets here within 7 minutes which I was pretty happy about.

I hop in the taxi and tell him where to go which is to my apartment.

We arrive at my apartment and I get my money out and hand to the taxi driver.

"Thanks so much for the ride." I tell the taxi driver. He nods and drives off. I head inside the apartment and there's an air-mattress neatly set up with sheets on it and a blanket on top, along with two pillows.

"Hey!"

I turn around, startled, and see a young woman standing there. She looks like she's 20 or so.

"Um... Hi?" I said, confused.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm Lexy. I'm your roommate." She said. I stare at her blankly.

"You are... Skylar Jones... Right?" She asks, eyes wide.

"Oh! Yes. Sorry. Um, did you do this for me?" I gesture to the neatly set up air mattress. She smiles and nods.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Your welcome." She smiled back.

"I'm pretty tired so I'm gonna go to bed. It was nice meeting you though, maybe tomorrow we can hang out and you can show me around here." I chuckle. She smiles hugely.