Say Yes to the Date

~Chapter Eight~

Skylar's P.O.V.

Oh boy. Such a happy day. (Just so you know. That was sarcasm.)

"Hello, what kind of drink would you like?" I asked the snobby looking lady staring at the menu board.

Ok, I've been working here for 2 and a half weeks now and Zack has come in everyday. But I don't see him today. Honestly... I'm kind of concerned... Eh, he's fine... Right?

"Hello? Did you hear me?" The snobby lady asked.

"I'm sorry, I didn't. Could you repeat that?" I asked, politely as possible.

She crosses her arms. "Fine. I want a small mocha with extra sprinkles and whipped cream." She said, harshly.

I punch it in on the screen and then I tell her her total amount. "That'll be two dollars and thirty-six cents." She hands me the money and walks off and waits for her mocha. I roll my eyes.

"Hello, what wou-" I stop talking realizing it's Adric. "Adric. Hi." I blush.

He chuckles. "Hi there."

"Um... What would you like to order?" I ask him.

"Hm... Medium Italian soda." He replied.

"Flavors?" I ask him.

"Peach." He smiled. I punch it in and then tell him his total.

"Your total is... Three dollars and twenty-five cents." He hands me $5. "Here's your change. A dollar and seventy-five cents." I smile.

He starts to walk off but then turns back around.

"Hey, when do you get off?" He asks. I look at the time. "Ten minutes, why?"

He mischievously smirks at me.

What does that mischievous smirk mean?

"I'll be sitting over there. Come sit with me when you get off. I have a question to ask you." He smiled and walked away.

A question? What kind of question? Guess I'll find out when I'm off.

"Hello there, what-"

"Hey, Gorgeous!"

"Zack! Stop calling me that!" He's getting so annoying.

"But it's true. You are gorgeous." He smirks at me. I slightly blush but then glare at him.

"Yeah, and your annoying. Now what would you like to order?" I asked, really wanting to slap him.

"You?" He grins at me.

He is giving me a headache!

"Sorry, we don't have that here. I'm going to have to ask you to leave now." I said, gritting my teeth.

He frowns at me. "Please, please, please, just go on one date with me! I promise you, it'll be the best time you've ever had!" Zack grabs both my hands and holds them. I give him a disgusted face.

"Forget it! Now if you don't order, I'm going to have to kick you out!" I rip my hands out of his.

He sighs. "Fine, Gorgeous. I'll have a medium Italian soda. Raspberry for the flavor."

I punch it in. "That'll be three dollars and thirty-six cents." He hands me the money and walks off.

I look at my phone to check the time.

3:25

5 more minutes. That's all.

Another person walks up and takes a couple minutes to decide then they finally tell me what they want. I punch it in quickly and give them their change.