Memory Loss

~Chapter Fourteen~

Zack's P.O.V

I wake up, feeling the hospital bed move which I'm laying on. Kind of.

Half of me is leaning forward, laying on the bed, my arms crossed and my head laying on them, then the rest of me is sitting in a chair that's next to the bed.

I open up my eyes and slightly rub them as I lean back in the chair.

When my vision clears up... I see Skylar, awake and staring at me.

"Skylar! You're awake!" I said as I grabbed her hand and held it but she pulled it away as quickly as I grabbed it.

"Who are you?" She asks me. Her voice sounds all hoarse and rough.

My face drops and tears start to fill my eyes up.

"You-You don't remember me?" I ask her, gently.

She shakes her head. "N-No, I'm-" She starts coughing so I pour her some water and hand it to her.

After she finished drinking, I asked her again.

"Skylar, you don't remember me? At all?" I ask her, a tear escaping my right eye.

"No... I'm sorry..." She replied, honestly, with sad eyes.

The nurse walks in, and is happy she's awake but after she see's my face, her smile disappears.

"I know, the doctor would like me to leave now. No problem..." I stand up but not before I whisper, "Remember me... Please..." To Skylar.

I start walking passed the nurse but she grabs my arm, making me turn around to face her but then she leads me out the room, closing the door behind her and walking a bit further down the hall.

"What happened?" She asks me, softly.

"She... She doesn't remember me." I told the nurse.

She frowns and looks down at the floor.

"I'm sorry... I wish I could do something to help. I know how much you love her." She told me, slightly smiling.

My eyes immediately started pouring out tears.

"I do love her. And I messed up my chance with her too many times because I'm an idiot!" I lean against the wall and cover my face.

"You may have messed up, but everyone does, and you can't just give up like that. You love her and if that's true then prove it. Show her, make her remember you." The nurse told me, firmly.

I remove my hands off my face and look at her sparkling brown eyes that's she's staring at me with.

"You're right... I shouldn't give up." I smile at her with hope in my eyes.

I see a woman speed walking down the hall with her husband and I'm assuming, daughter... Even though she looks nothing like the parents...

I watch as they're walking to Skylar's room.

Is that her parents? And I didn't know she had a sister!

"Excuse me. I'm sorry, you can't go in there right now." The nurse said.

"No! Excuse me! Because that is my daughter in there! And I just got here about an hour ago from North Dakota! Now, if you'll excuse me! I'm going to see my daughter!" The raging woman said as she stomped off into the room.

I walked back over to the door, slightly peeking inside.

I watch as Skylar starts crying and she hugs her parents and her... Maybe, sister.