The Ending

~Chapter Eighteen~

Zack's P.O.V

After running over to the tree, stopping a couple feet from the dog, it turns around and sees me. It's eyes widening.

"Oh yeah," I nodded to him. "Remember me, buddy? I was the one two and a half years ago who shot your sorry butt more then five times with an air-soft gun cuz you had tried to kill a poor lost puppy. Which I'm happy to say is living happily at our neighbors house," I said. "Oh yeah, and if you don't stop with your crap, I'll shoot you with my air-soft... again!" I tell the dog, who's eyes were wide and mouth was hanging open.

I take a step toward it, stomping my foot to the ground, then the dog took off running down the street.

I smirked, triumphantly as I looked up, seeing Skylar in the tree, just hanging out.

"Hey." She greeted me.

"Hey there, Gorgeous." I smile.

"Zack..." She said, quietly.

"Yeah?" I ask her.

"I can't get down..." She replies.

"What do you mean-"

"I'm terrified of heights... And I don't want to climb down because I'm afraid I'll fall." She tells me, timidly.

My eyes soften and I sigh.

"Skylar... Remember what I promised you at the skatepark when you told me that you were afraid that you'd fall off?" I ask her, softly.

"Well... Yeah..." She replied, shyly.

"Good, because I promise you on my own dang life that if you fall then I will catch you." I tell her, sternly.

She looks down at me then quickly back up at the sky.

"Come on, Gorgeous. You can climb down. I know you can." I said, trying to encourage her as I walked closer to the tree.

"O-Ok..." She stutters, nervously, as she stepped down on a branch below her, and slowly, and I mean SLOWLY started making her way down the tree.

She reminds me so much of a snail it was almost unreal.

She got down at the last bottom branch and she was just sitting there, looking down at the ground instead of jumping off.

"So-"

"Shut. Up. I'm still scared." She sends me a threatening glare.

I walk up to her and reach out my arms.

"Jump down." I told her, then she starting shaking her head.

"Skylar! Jump down!" I tell her, giving her a stern look.

She bites her bottom lip, closes her eyes, then let's herself fall off the branch and into my arms.

I wrap my arms tightly around her as I braced myself for impact and fell backwards and hit the ground.

I knew that was gonna happen.

"You ok, Gorgeous?" I ask her softly, seeing that her eyes are still shut.

I sigh.

"Skylar, we're on the ground, it's ok." I chuckle.

She slowly opens her eyes, looking around, then back at me, and all of a sudden her cheeks turn red as a tomato, noticing that she's on top of me.

"Uh-um-I-" She tries to talk but just ends up babbling nonsense.

As she got up off of me, I stood up with her.