Memory Lane, Part Two.

~Chapter Sixteen~

As we arrive at his house, he walks around to my side and opens my door, reaching out his hand for me to take.

I take his hand, exiting the car and walking to the front door.

He opens up the door, allowing me in first then he steps inside and closes the door and says, "I'm home!"

"Ok!" A woman's voice called back. Probably his mom.

I started walking down the hall a little ways but then Zack grabs my hand gently and spins me around.

"This way first, Gorgeous." He said, smiling cutely at me, making me blush.

"Ok..." I said, just above a whisper, making his smile grow.

We walk to the living room, his hand still holding mine. I don't mind though.

He sits me down on the couch, walks over to the tv and picks up a movie case then walks back to me, showing me the case which has a creepy doll on the front.

"Uh! No way! Not Chucky!" I said, pushing it away from my face and closing my eyes.

"It's alright. I was showing it to you cuz this is what we watched after skateboarding." He tosses the movie case toward the tv.

"Oh..." I said, under my breath.

He sits down next to me.

"On our date, I was actually going to take you to a spot where we could watch the stars together... But then it started pouring down rain so we couldn't. I was a bit mad over it but then you took my hand and said 'Why don't we go back to your place and watch a movie?'" He looks down at his lap "Just knowing that you wanted to stay with me longer and watch a movie, made my day even better." He smiled thoughtfully, making me smile, too.

A thought occurred to me, realizing he was talking about the date we had but not exactly how we met.

"Zack..." I said, quietly.

He looks over at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Your talking so much about the date... Which is completely fine! Don't get me wrong," I sigh. "But... How did we meet? How did all of this start? How did we become friends? What made me want to date you?" I ask him.

He looks down at his hands and kind of fiddles with his fingers before looking back up at me with a nervous, scared, and regret kind of expression on his face.

"Zack... What's wrong?" I ask him, softly.

"I'm scared to tell you... I'm afraid you'll just push me away..." He said, his eyes tearing up slightly.

"I won't... I promise. Just tell me." I told him, reaching over and holding his hand while staring into his eyes.

"It started three years ago, when we met on xbox live." He told me.

"Three years ago... But... How could I just forget something like that?" I ask him, confused.

"Just listen to me..." He said, staring into my eyes.

I nod to him.

"We met on a game-" He pauses, thinking for a moment then he says, "Better idea. Come with me." He said, grabbing my hand and standing up, making me stand up with him.

We walk down the hall and to his room which has a tv and an xbox set up on a glass table. There's also some videos games on a little shelf.

He walks over to his closet and gets another xbox out.