Zack is Back

~Chapter Six~

Skylar's P.O.V

We park in a drive way in front of a huge house. My mouth drops at the sight. I hear Lexy laugh. "It's a nice place, huh?"

I look over at her, wide eyed. "Heck yeah, it is!" I get out of the car and start walking to the door with Lexy. She rings the doorbell and someone answers the door.

"Lexy! I'm so glad you could make it!"

Lexy gives her a hug. "I'm glad I could, too! I also brought a friend." She looks over at me, smiling.

"Hi, I'm Mckenzie." Mckenzie stuck her hand out to shake mine.

"Hi, I'm Skylar." I said as I reach out and shake Mckenzie's hand.

"Well, come on in." She smiled.

Lexy and I walk in and I start to feel a bit shy because there's so many people. "So, how are you, Lexy?" Mckenzie asks her. I start to space out and just look at everyone awkwardly for a minute but then Lexy nudges my side with her elbow and says, "Don't be so shy. Go mingle with some people. If you're lucky, you might end up finding yourself a boyfriend." She smirks at me.

"Oh no! I can't... I-" I didn't get to finish my sentence because Lexy started pushing me toward someone.

"Hiya, Andy! This is Skylar. Have fun talking. Bye!" Lexy said, quickly.

I watch as she runs off some where else, leaving me alone with Andy.

I look back at him and he's leaning up against the wall, smiling at me.

He's actually pretty cute. He has blonde hair, and nice blue eyes... But Honestly, I like guys with hair that's light brown, and with green eyes, more then I do, blondes with blue eyes... He's still cute though.

"I don't want this to sound weird or anything... But you look so familiar." Andy said, staring at me with a questioning look.

"Um..." I look at him, awkwardly.

"I'm sorry..." Andy looks away, his face turning red in embarrassment from staring at me for so long.

I giggle. "It's ok. Why don't we make things less awkward and actually talk about something?"

He smiles. "I guess we should, huh? I mean, that is why Lexy brought you over here."

"So, what do you enjoy doing?" I ask.

He thinks for a minute and says, "Well, I enjoy skateboarding with my friends, I like to go bike riding, and I also enjoy playing xbox."

"Oh! Right on! I play xbox and I've always wanted to skateboard!" I tell him, excitedly.

"Awesome! Well my friends are going to be here," He pauses, looking at his phone then looks back up at me. "Oh, one of my friends just got here. I'll introduce you to him." Andy smiled at me.

"Hey, Andy!"

"Zack! How's it going?"

"Not too bad!"

That voice... It's sounds like someone I used to know... Someone... I used to care about so much... But... It can't be.

I turn around and see him. The guy I fell in love with 3 years ago. The guy who lied to me. The guy who broke my heart into 1000 pieces. The guy named 'Zack Griffins'.

I feel tears as they start to prick at my eyes. I know it's ridiculous that after 3 years, I'd cry over something like this... But seeing him in person. Hearing his voice again. All those memories I had with him and feelings that I had for him are all coming back at the same time.

After he gets close enough, he notices me and slows down his walking.

"Skylar," Zack frowned. I back away from him slowly. "Wait... Skylar." Zack's eyes soften.

"Stay away from me." I tell him, my voice cracking.

"Skylar, it's been three years... And you don't even wanna talk to me... And in person this time?" Zack asks, walking up in front of me. I look around and everyone is staring at us.

Tears start rolling down my cheeks. I put my hoodie over my head and walk passed Zack, bumping into his shoulder, and keep walking until I get outside.

After exiting the house, I call for a taxi and then I sit outside, waiting until it arrives.

~~~

Zack's P.O.V.

Andy looks at me confused. "What's going on?"

I look at him with a couple of tears going down my face.

"That... Was Skylar Jones. The girl that I wish I had never hurt. The girl that I wanted to be with... The girl I still want to be with... But I messed up my chance being with her, three years ago." I tell him, bluntly.

His eyes soften. "That's why she looked so familiar."

I run passed everyone and run out the door but I stop when I see her hop into a taxi.

"Skylar," I yell. "Wait..."

I hear someone come up behind me and put their hand on me shoulder.

I glance behind me and see Andy looking at me with sad eyes, then I look back to where the Taxi was sitting before it left.

"She just left... In a taxi." I feel Andy pat my back.

"She'll come around sooner or later, man. Not like she's gonna stay mad at you forever." He told me, sadly.

Clenching my hands, I became angry. "Andy! It's been freakin three years since it happened and she's still mad at me! What makes you think she's going to 'come around', huh?!" I yell at him.

"Well... Try talking to her again... Try to get her to realize that you are a better person." He said, rubbing the back of his head. I shake my head and sigh.

"Thanks... For trying to help, man... But I gotta get going... I'll talk to you later." I walk to my car, open the drivers side door, hop in, then slam the door shut and lean forward, putting my head against the steering wheel.

"Three years... And she doesn't even want to talk to me... Better yet... Even see me in person..." I mumble to myself.

I feel tears as they start to prick at my eyes. I sit up and close them for a few minutes, all I can see is Skylar's face. Tears running down her red cheeks, passing by her mouth that had a smile on it until I walked in. When I open my eyes, Lexy and Andy are standing at the doorway into the house. They're just staring at me with frowns on their faces and arms crossed.

I wipe away my tears, start my car and drive home.

The whole way back to my house, I was thinking of how I'm going to talk to Skylar... Better yet, how am I going to see Skylar again? I need to see her. I need to set things straight. I have to fix what I broke... Because I'm still in love with her.

~~~

~Authors Note~

So, how'd you guys like the last chapter? And how was this chapter?Was it good? I certainly hope so. This book has come farther then any of my other books I started writing awhile back.

But anywho, I just hope you're really enjoying it! And I'm gonna go now and I'll see you next chapter! But don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! Thanks guys! Bye!!! And enjoy!!!!
~Shelby :3