『 ℂ𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜 』

𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓲𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓸𝓻 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻, 𝓦𝓮 𝓪𝓲𝓷'𝓽 𝓼𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓸𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓸𝔀 (𝓽𝓸𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓸𝔀)

⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆

I heard Charlie calling my name but I kept walking. I was going to go to a restaurant a few blocks down and if he found me, then he found me. If he doesn't go any further than the restaurant, than he doesn't go any further.

This one move will tell me everything I need to know... even if it's not what I wanted to hear.

I pulled my headphones out of my bag and walked at a slightly faster pace in the direction of the restaurant.

On arrival, I pulled out my headphones and looked behind me to see if Charlie followed. No sign of him.

I was seated and then I ordered and ate my meal. To some people I may have looked like I got stood up or something of the like but I knew that I was waiting for a sign or maybe I was waiting for no sign at all.

After my meal there was still no sign of Charlie. I got up, disappointed, and payed before leaving to go back to my apartment.

The walk back to my apartment was torcher. I kept expecting Charlie to pop up from around a corner because he got lost, but at each corner there were only unfamiliar faces.

I was wrestling with my thoughts. I kept trying to pin them down and make them stop but they kept retaliating and pinning me down instead.

My mind was like animals at a watering hole, they were all at each others throats the entire time.

My mind was like a storm. Wind blowing in new thoughts, thoughts crashing in like thunder and lightning.

I got to my front door and slid the key into the lock. I turned it and walked in to my apartment, placing my bag on the bench in the kitchen.

I walked to my room, connected my phone to my speaker and blasted music at full volume.

It was the only way to get my mind off of the night. I was so glad that the building was sound proofed.

I could hear a faint knocking but pushed it aside thinking it was mind playing tricks on me.

After a few more minutes of knocking I paused the music to figure out where it was coming from.

The knocking was coming from my front door so J got up and trudged over.

I placed my hand on the handle and slowly pulled the door open only to find Charlie standing before me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You wouldn't listen to me when I was calling your name earlier and I lost you in the crowds so i came here to find you but you weren't here the first time I came up" he explained.

"You came looking for me?"

"Why wouldn't I?" He questioned.

Even though I was happy that Charlie came looking for me I didn't want to give up that easy.

What if he was just lying? What if he was playing some stupid trick on me?

"Well, you sort of stopped paying attention to me about a month ago" I stated.

"I only did that because I thought that being together might distract us from auditions. I didn't mean to make you feel like that"

"Then why'd you start dating Kiara? If you just felt like that you wouldn't have gone out with her"

"This is going to sound so dumb but I only went out with her to get my mind off you and to sort of make you jealous i guess"

"By making me jealous do you mean making me cry? I will never forget you talking about her non stop at Owen's"

"I really truly didn't mean to do that. I was just so worked up and... And jealous! I thought you were with Owen! And I know you tried to tell me you weren't but I just... It's not that I don't trust you it's that I didn't really trust Owen"

My mind was racing at a million miles an hour trying to process all the information Charlie was feeding me.

"Ok, I believe you. But I'm not going to give up that easy. I know I just confessed that I liked you not that long ago but I just need some time"

"I completely understand. I'll leave you now and you can do your thinking" he said, starting to back away.

"No. Stay"

𝓐𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓼 𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓮

I HA ENT DONE ANY FORMATTING VUT I JUST FELT SO BAD FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE SO HERE YOU GO.

I think I changed this chapter 20 times so that's why it took so long. Also school started and I have a lot of stuff going on so ya know