『 𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 ℝ𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 』

𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓮 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓭, 𝓦𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓴𝓮𝔂𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓮

⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆

(You might wanna listen to Bright while reading this chapter :) btw)

Round two of auditions has arrived.

It's 9 am and auditions don't start 'till 11 am.

Charlie is coming over in about ten minutes (so he says but he'll definitely be late) so we can do a quick run-through of the song and our scene for auditions. I still have no idea how this round will work because the song is the group song- I think it's the first song they perform as a band -and that worries me. I like knowing what's going to happen and how it's going to happen which is why relationships don't work well for me, it's too unpredictable.

I grabbed my script, song book (for writing songs of my own) and headed over to the garage where I told Charlie to meet me.

I pulled out my favourite six string and my song book. I opened the book to the last page that had been written on and started to sing through the song that had been sprawled on the page, following the messy chord progressions and lyrics.

Lyrics of heartache and pain made their way from the book to my mouth and out into the open, vibrating through the air creating the sound known as music.

I got to the end of the written part, put my plectrum in my mouth and picked up a pen to write the next lyrics that came to mind. I picked up my guitar again and tried different chords with the lyrics until I found a pair that I liked.

I decided to play the song from the top, pouring all the pain I had been feeling into the song. Yes, pain. This song was solely inspired by my feelings towards Charlie and the way he makes me feel and the torture that came with knowing he couldn't be mine.

I got to the end of the song and put my guitar down.

"That didn't sound like a very happy song" someone said from behind me.

I turned around to see Charlie leaning against the door, looking directly at me.

"How much did you hear?"

"Enough to know that you were hurting while singing that and writing that"

"Uh, no, I-I, no It's-"

"Hey, don't worry I'm not looking for an explanation. You only tell me what or who that is about if you want to. Don't feel like you need to," he said softly as he walked towards me.

"Thankyou. It's just I've always had a hard time talking to people about how I feel and song writing helps me let that out in the form of words" I replied, looking into his hazel eyes.

"No, I get it. I'm the same. If I feel like I need to talk about something I'll put it into a song or something because it's hard for me as well"

I had never felt a deeper connection to anyone in my entire life until this point. For Charlie to understand what I meant and how I felt made me feel way closer to him even after only knowing him for three weeks.

"So, do you want to practice Bright?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, sure" Charlie smiled.

I put my six string back on the stand and grabbed my electric. Charlie pulled his electric out of the case and we sat down on a couple of chairs.

"1 2 3 4" Charlie said, counting us in.

I started strumming the intro, the music filling me like air fills a balloon. I started singing along and soon enough Charlie joined in singing and playing guitar.

I couldn't help but watch Charlie while he played. He looked so happy strumming and singing the lyrics. I could tell you then and there that music was one of the things he was born to do.

Charlie looked up at me and our eyes locked. It was almost like we were singing the song to each other; or maybe we were.

We got to the end of the song but neither of us looked away. I felt like I knew more about him just by looking into his eyes than words could ever explain.

I felt the urge to lean in but I didn't want to ruin the friendship we had and I didn't know if he felt the same way I felt.

"You guys should pro- Oh! Sorry guys! I'll leave you alone" my mum said walking into the garage.

She gave me a smirk and then turned around and left the room.

"I think we should probably get going" Charlie chuckled.

"Yeah, probably" I replied.

We got in the car and I reversed out of the drive way.

I had my arm resting on the centre console and Charlie had his on there as well.

Throughout the drive he kept inching his hand towards mine like he wanted to hold my hand but he didn't quite make it before we pulled up to the studio.

We got out of the car and walked towards the studio. There was a sign with arrows on it, pointing in different directions.

Auditions for Julie, Flynn and Carrie
-->
Auditions for Luke, Alex and Reggie
<--
Auditions for all other characters
<--

"Looks like we gotta part ways" I said.

"Yeah" Charlie replied.

I gave Charlie a hug before turning and quickly walking towards where my auditions were. I immediately spotted Madison and ran over to her.

"Man, I'm glad to be outta there I really needed some air" I huffed.

"Out of there? You mean away from Charlie?"

"Yeah, it was a little intense"

"What do you mean? What happened?"

I explained everything starting from Charlie walking in on me singing the song about him up until I got to her, not leaving out any details.

"Wow, that is intense. I think you should talk to him about how you feel"

"What?! No! No way! Not happening!"

"Fine, don't do it but just know every time you talk to me about this I'm gonna say the same thing"

Kenny and a bunch of casting directors came and stood in front of us, instantly earning my attention.

𝓐𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓼 𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓮
HOLY SHIT! THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR ALMOST 3K VIEWS! This chapter was a longer chapter to make up of the last chapter being late. Hope you guys like and I'd appreciate it if you gave me feedback and voted on the part. Thankyou lovelies :)