『 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕥𝕖 』

𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮, 𝓝𝓸 𝓻𝓮𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓼

⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆

It's 4 o'clock on Friday and charlie and i have been rehearsing all week since he asked on Monday. i can tell we're going to slay this next audition. The two characters we are auditioning for are supposed to have good, strong chemistry almost immediately and i think that charlie and i already have that.

Charlie began putting his guitar back in its case and his songbook on top.

"Hey do you wanna do something- other than rehearse," i chuckled lightly.

"Uh, sorry, i can't; I'm going out," he said, almost nervously.

"With the boys?" i asked, curious.

"No, with a girl- on a date"

Ouch.

I thought that charlie and i were on similar pages after this week. i had my doubts before but i was almost certain he felt the same as me after a week of us almost kissing every day.

"Oh," i replied trying not to show any signs of hurt, "do you need a ride back to your hotel?"

"That would be great. thanks,"

I nodded and then picked up my car keys from beside me.

We got in the car and drove in silence to the hotel. charlie got out and said bye, earning a nod in return.

I didn't want to go home because it didn't feel like home anymore and the one person that did make me feel at home just hurt me harder than i have ever been hurt before. And that's saying something considering the amount of shit I've been through.

I called Madi and told her to meet me at my favourite ice cream shop and then drove there. as soon as i got out of the car i spotted her and practically ran towards her.

"What happened? you sounded really upset?"

"Charlie is going on a date tonight but i was almost certain that we were on a similar page, feelings wise, and now i don't know what to do but i don't want to think about it now"

"Well, why don't we call the boys to come join us to get your mind off it? and you can think tomorrow" Mads suggested.

"But what if they ask what's wrong? what do i say?"

"Oh, come on! they've known for weeks that you like him! you're so obvious about it!"

I felt my cheeks heat up but i nodded in agreement because i honestly could use the support.

mads dialled their numbers telling them to- and i quote -get their asses over here. we ordered ice cream and sat down at the table. soon after, Jeremy and Owen showed up placing themselves down at the table with us.

"So, what's up?" Jeremy asked.

"The sky," i replied half-heartedly.

"Is this something to do with Charlie?" Owen guessed.

"Charlie and his date, you mean," i spat.

Owen's eyes went wide and his fists clenched, "that son of a-"

"Woah, calm down," mads said, cutting him off.

"Sorry," he sighed.

"It's ok, but now you know what's going on, can we not talk about it?"

They all nodded in agreement.

Owen and Jeremy got ice cream and we all sat at the table talking and laughing for a few hours before we got up and started walking around the streets of LA.