『 𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 』

𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷, '𝓒𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮'𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰

⋆⋆⋆★⋆⋆⋆

Charlie is over at my apartment and after yesterdays... confrontation, for lack of a better word, we have decided to go through the song and scene twice before we talk.

my head had been spinning all morning due to the anxiety i felt because of the ever-nearing moment that awaited the two of us.

i could hear my heart beating in my ears from the adrenaline coursing through my veins and the clock on the wall was ticking obnoxiously loud, almost so loud that it was like it was attached to the amp rather than my guitar.

i couldn't quite understand why i was feeling the way i was... but i was. maybe it was the anticipation and the waiting for his reaction or maybe it was the fact that no matter what the outcome, he still had his girl and the situation between us wouldn't change.

either way, it made me nervous.

"Jaycie? Jaycie! Are you with me?" charlie asked.

"Oh, right, sorry. i was just... thinking"

"Well, instead of thinking why don't you try talking?... it was your idea in the first place"

"Is it already that time? i think we could go over the scene one mo-"

"It's now or never Jaycie. I don't have a lifetime to listen to you makeup excuses"

"Oh, right. Uh, well, i guess i just wanted to say that Owen and I aren't dating and that kiss that you saw, i-it wasn't what it looked like"

"Really? because what i saw was you and Owen kissing and neither of you pulled away for a while" charlie sassed.

"Well, yeah, but it was an accident. The kiss wasn't supposed to happen and it didn't mean anything to either of us, sort of"

"Sort of? What do you mean sort of?" Charlie asked inquisitively.

"I mean, that it just means that we both figured out that any feelings i had towards Owen were purely sexual and I found out that Owen never turns down a good kiss but that's beside the point"

"Than what is the point?"

"The point is... the point is that i don't know why I'm explaining myself because you clearly have no interest in the truth and you clearly don't like me so you can either get out or we can practice" i hissed.

Anger was beginning to make its way through my veins and mix itself with the adrenaline that had been pumping through all morning. God, he frustrated me so much at times but i swear, with the looks he gives me, he could run me over with a bus and i wouldn't complain.

"I would go but i actually want to get this role and auditions are tomorrow, so, I'm staying"

I admired his work ethic while also dripping in anger and frustration. We kept working until it got late and then charlie headed home.

This was going to be along audition prosses.

//

I woke up the next morning and got dressed into a semi-formal outfit for the auditions before making my way to the studios ready for my auditions.

I found Madison and then explained everything from yesterday and the day before, she was soaking up every single word and was ready to help me on each little drama that was headed my way.

"I think you should tell CHarlie you like him already. It might make auditions awkward but it kind of fits the whole storyline, right? and also if he doesn't feel the same then so what? you got it off your chest and then everything will be better, right?"

"Yeah, you're right but i don't want things to be awkward and i just... i don't know. i guess I'm just chicken"

"Oh, come on! just do it and trust me you'll feel sooo much better afterwards, even if you do get broken, at least Owen and i will be here to help" Madi explained.

"I'm at least waiting till after these auditions"

"well, of course," Madi giggled.

Charlie arrived and we warmed up and got ready. auditions started and one by one the pairs went up and played their roles, each showing signs of nerves and improvement since last round. Each team was given feedback on their auditions before returning to their seats. 

finally, it was charlie and i's turn. we sang our hearts out and tried our hardest with the acting.

I swear, every look 'luke' gave 'Julie' made me melt inside but i had to play it cool.

"Well done you two. I could almost feel the longing for each other like it was almost real" Kenny sighed.

if only he knew i thought.

the last few pairs got up and auditioned and then it was time for eliminations except this time it was posted as a list on the wall. If you didn't see your name, you were safe.

"Both of us got through" I squealed to Madi.

"And both of us got in," charlie announced referring to lucas beside him.

"cool, how about we go for a celebratory Starbucks round?" i suggested

"I would but I'm hanging out with Kira to celebrate" Charlie responded.

"Kira?" Madi asked

"You know? the girl I've been seeing"

"Oh, right. that one" she grumbled.

"Yeah, well see ya," Charlie said, taking a step backwards

𝓐𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓼 𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓮

Sorry for the late update but summer holidays started and I've been busy doing stuff with my friends but we're going back into lockdown so I'll have more time to write now.

Thankyou guys sooo much for 47k views i love you all! 

please remember to vote and comment your thoughts on each chapter i love hearing feedback from you guys

good night lovelies <3