『 ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 』

𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓲𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓸𝓻 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻, 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓸𝓲𝓼𝓮.

⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆

I woke up the next morning with lyrics inspired by yesterday's drama flowing through me.

I quietly got up, being sure not to wake Charlie and grabbed my phone since i didn't have my songbook on me at that moment.

I slipped back into bed and opened notes on my phone, typing up the lyrics that came to mind.

When things got loud

One of us running out

The lyrics created broken pieces of songs and i couldn't wait to start filling in the gaps later when i got home.

If you could only know 

I never let you go

I really wanted to get home and apologise to my mum but i also didn't want to go home. I wanted to wait her out and get her to apologise for acting like that.

Mysteries and mistakes

Who'd be the first to break

I was quietly singing the lyrics to a melody i had in my head but none of it seemed right.

I should have turned around

But I had too much pride

I wasn't sure how i'd use any of these lines yet but there was one that stuck in my mind.

Unsaid Emily.

I turned my phone off and stared at the ceiling.

"Who's Emily?" Charlie asked sleepily from next to me.

"My mum. Did I wake you?" I asked feeling guilty.

"No, I've been lying here with my eyes closed for a while and i was listening to you," he said, his morning voice filling my ears.

"Ok"

"They were good lyrics but they didn't seem like they were in order" Charlie hummed in my ear.

"Yeah, i just quickly wrote down what was coming to me, I'll properly right them down when i get home" I replied.

"What time do you wanna leave then?"

"My mum is at work now and her shift ends at 4 so probably 3/3:30 ish"

"Ok, sounds good"

I went back to staring at the ceiling and thinking.

I was trying to work out how I felt about Charlie. I knew I liked him as a friend and almost certainly more but what if what I felt was more than just a crush?

"What are you thinking about?" he hummed, putting his arm over my stomach and pulling me closer.

"You" I said bluntly.

"Me? What about me?" He questioned.

"Nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about" I teased.

"You think I'm pretty?" He sung.

"Don't flatter yourself" I smirked.

We layed in bed, skin on skin, for a while before Charlie spoke.

"You're hungry, I can feel your stomach rumbling" he stated.

"Yeah, but I can wait to eat"

Charlie hopped up out of bed and left the room. I reluctantly got up and followed him, confused as to what he was doing.