『 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 ℝ𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 』

𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓸𝓯𝓯, 𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹. 𝓒𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝔀𝓮 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓸𝓹𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓹

⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆

I. Am. Freaking. Out.

It's the first round of auditions for this new Netflix show called Julie and The Phantoms and I happen to be auditioning for the lead.

Normally i wouldn't be this nervous about an audition but this is different. This audition could make or break me.

It's not easy to get your acting career started and you need to be careful to make a good impression or you could jeopardise your entire career.

Currently, I am pacing up and down the kitchen of my apartment rehearsing my lines and doing some vocal warm-ups. Yes, vocal warm-ups. This part is very demanding and involves a great number of skills— acting, singing, dancing and the ability to play an instrument —and if you don't have those skills up to the standard of what they are expecting you can say goodbye to your chance of getting the part.

My phone began buzzing in my pocket. I slipped it out and placed it against my ear.

"Are you almost ready?" My best friend Ash and my manager said from the other side of the phone.

"Yeah, just doing a quick run over my lines before i leave"

"Ok, cool. Just don't be late"

"Don't worry, I added in 20 minutes of extra travel time because of traffic"

"I forgot you are the only one of my clients that actually has their shit together"

I chuckled in return.

"I should probably get going, love you"

"Good luck, love you too"

I hung up, grabbed my car keys, script, guitar and wallet and headed downstairs to my car. I swung the door open and plugged my phone into the aux, playing the song Wake Up for the audition. I turned the key and the engine revved beneath my feet.

I started the short ten minute drive to the studio that seemed to go on for years, the nerves tickling my stomach like butterflies.

I eventually pulled up to the large studio. Taking a deep breath I hopped out of the car and walked up to the large studio doors that had B5 painted in black on them.

"You're here for the new Netflix show audition I'm guessing" a woman said as I walked in.

"Yes I am" I smiled.

"Cool, I'll get you to sign in here and collect the coordinating number"

I wrote my name, number and management on the sheet and collected the number 2405.

"Nice number" I heard a male voice say when I walked further in the studio.

I looked up to see a tall brunette boy with gorgeous hazel eyes that seemed to sparkle in the set lights.

"Oh, uh, thanks"

"So, which part are you auditioning for?"

"Um, Julie— the main character —it's my first major audition though so I'm really nervous. Oh, I'm Jaycie by the way"

"Hey, well if you want to rehearse together to shake off some of the nerves I'm down" he smiled.

"That would be cool, thankyou"

"Come on then" he said grabbing my hand and dragging me to a line of seats set up against the back wall, " Oh and my name's Charlie"

"Ok, so, we need the first scene for the first round of auditions and one song— for you that'll be Wake Up and for me Now or Never —and I was thinking we could practice the first scene a few times and maybe go over our songs?"

"Sounds good" I smiled.

We ran through the first scene a few times and I could feel the nerves starting to fall away.

"So you want to sing first or should I?" I asked shyly.

"You go first. I want to see what you've got"

I giggled nervously and proceeded to sing the lyrics to the Wake Up.

"Wow, you're like a human power house! Your voice is amazing!"

I blushed and looked down in my lap, fiddling with my fingers.

"All female actors auditioning for any part in Julie and The Phantoms head over to the back room in the studio" a deep, male voice announced over the speakers.

"Uh, that's me. I'll see you round I guess"

𝓐𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓼 𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓮

First chapter out now! Sorry it's short I just really wanted to get it out fast.
Hope you like it :)