『 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 ℝ𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕡𝕥.𝟚 』

𝓕𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽, 𝓯𝓾𝓵𝓵 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓮. 𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓬 𝓱𝓪𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽

⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆

I nervously walked over to the back room and stood in line.

"Hey! I'm Madison" said a girl standing on my right.

"Uh, hi. I'm Jaycie"

"So, which part are you auditioning for?"

"Julie. You?"

"Same. I guess we've got a little competition going on then"

"Yeah" I giggled, "Is this your first audition?"

"Yeah, it is. I'm kinda nervous"

"I can tell"

"Is this your first audition?"

"First major audition. I've gotten leads in musicals and supporting characters in movies and things but i haven't gone out for the lead yet"

"So you're a pro at this basically"

"You could say that but I'd conquer" I chuckled.

"Well, if you haven't noticed I'm not exactly the oldest or most experienced person here" she chuckled back.

"Well, if we both get through this first round I'd be open to giving you some tips but looking at you I'd say you've got this in the bag"

"Thanks"

A group of important-looking people walked into the room, all holding pieces of paper and blank yet expecting expressions 

"Hello, I am Kenny Ortega. I am one of the main creators of the series you are all auditioning for so be sure to wow me" an older looking man said from the centre of the group.

I immediately started to have a mini freak out. It's Kenny freaking Ortega! The Producer of High School Musical! He worked with Zach Freaking Effron!

"You know who that is?" Madison said from next to me.

"You're kidding, right? He's only the creator and producer of High School Musical!"

"Oh, I think I've Heard of him"

I turned my attention back on the scary looking people in front of me.

"So, you're going to be split into groups depending on which character you are auditioning for and then you will hear your numbers being called out one by one and you will come up and sing, act and play your instruments for us" Kenny continued.

We split off into our groups and I realised there were only about two hundred girls auditioning for the part of Julie which calmed me down a bit.

"I see you're playing guitar," Madison said.

"Uh, yeah and I see you're playing... no instrument?"

"I'm playing the piano. I had to bring it in earlier and set up"

"Oh makes sense"

We sat on the ground, leaning against a wall, talking for almost three hours (three hours of some pretty good and some terrible auditions) before Madison got up and did her audition.

To say she was amazing was an understatement. She had the voice of a freaking angel and man she could shred on the piano.

I knew she would be a fierce competitor in this competition.

Once she returned i congratulated her and then 2405 was called, I got up and grabbed my guitar, walking to the centre of the room.

"Jaycie King, 18 years of age, Going Somewhere Management," Kenny said as i walked up, "Show us what you got"

I sang my heart out, pouring everything I had into each lyric and each chord I strummed on the guitar.

Then one of the scary executives acted as the character Luke while I acted as Julie.

"Thankyou," Kenny said and I walked back to Madison.

"You were amazing! You are an amazing guitar player"

"Thankyou" I chuckled.

Another twenty girls were called and then we were told to come towards the front.

"If your number is called, unfortunately, you have been let go but don't let go of your dream" one of the other scary executives announced.

They called number after number starting from 2203. They called what seemed like almost a hundred numbers and I started getting worried when they got to 2399.

"...2399, 2400, 2403 and the rest of you are still in. We will email the details for next round to your managers"

I let out a breath I wish I didn't know I was holding in and turned to Madison.

"We made it!" she squealed.

"Yeah. Yeah, we did"

𝓐𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓼 𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓮

this chapter is unedited but i will edit it in the morning :)

Thankyou sooo much for 400 reads

Next chapter up at 800 reads lovelies :)