Chapter 29: Cargo

Weeks gone by and so far nothing serious has happened.

They completed all of their missions safely without much issue and Izuku has been improving his fighting skills by training with Togata every day. However, Katsuki was quick to notice that Izuku has been... acting a little restless lately. It's like he couldn't sit or stand still no matter where he is.

During their mission, Katsuki saw how the nerd fought with the other vampires. The way he fought has become slightly more aggressive and violent. On top of that, Izuku's has been eating more than before. He was sure that Izuku's aware of it himself. But if he doesn't want to mention it, Katsuki won't force him to talk about it. Although he honestly wanted to scream at Izuku to just fucking tell him everything.

Without a doubt, the date of the blood moon rising getting closer and closer is affecting Izuku. But thankfully, it's not as bad as Katsuki thought. Usually, vampires would become more bloodthirsty, stronger and violent when the blood moon is approaching. But Izuku's symptoms shows that he's on the 'mild' side so that's good enough for now.

While Izuku's has been feeling restless, he's still acting like his usual self. Heck, he has been starting to get along with the other extras that joined them in a mission before. Izuku even learned how to use some hand signals and he has been using it to commutate with the pink haired girl in the cafeteria.

Little by little, the other hunters has started to see Izuku as a fellow ally. Because Izuku saved their sorry asses during mission, those shitty extras is now acting like they are buddies with him. It's not a bad thing but... it fucking pissed Katsuki off.

Before Izuku saved them, those bastards is acting like 'this guy is a vampire so we cannot trust him'. And after Izuku saved them, they are now acting like 'he may be a vampire but he's a great guy so we can trust him'. Sure, Izuku earned their trust by helping them but it still pisses Katsuki off.

At the very least, fucking apologies to the nerd for seeing him as a monster and hurting his feelings! If they can't say it then do it through action or something! Even if it's some simple stuff like buying something for Izuku to eat!

"Um Kacchan? Is there something wrong?" Izuku finally spoke up after he saw how Katsuki has been spacing out in the middle of their dinner. "You've been glaring at the table for a while."

Katsuki turn his gaze up and saw how Izuku has this worrying look on his expression. It's not like he can freely say what's on his mind due to his fucking pride. Katsuki'll throw himself into a fucking black hole if this shitty nerd were to know how most of his thoughts is about him.

"Nothing is wrong so don't fucking-" Katsuki got cut off when a short music begin to play from the announcement speaker, followed by a short message.

"Bakugou Katsuki. Please bring Midoriya Izuku with you and come to Room 02 on level B1."

Katsuki frowned at that. Giving by the timing, it could be related to their mission. But Katsuki has already received the news about how both he and Izuku doesn't has any mission today. So what the fuck is those assholes calling him and Izuku for?

"Tch, so fucking troublesome. Hurry up and finish your food, Deku." Katsuki grumbled. Izuku nodded his head and quickly swallow the rest of his food without chocking on it. Once he's done eating, the duo left the cafeteria and went to the room that they were asked to go.

~~~

When they reach the room, both Katsuki and Izuku is surprised to see the number of people inside the room.

Takami, Kayama and another blond haired hunter is there. Aside from them, the rest are people who is wearing a laboratory coat. They are probably from the investigator team and Izuku has heard from Kaminari and Kirishima about how they research about vampires and create weapons for the hunters. So far, the only person Izuku has met from the investigator team is Hatsume Mei. Although she doesn't really act or dressed like one.