Chapter 13: The targeted fledgling

Kaminari knew that things has taken a turn for the worse as soon as he saw that their enemy this time is a vampire with special ability.

He couldn't believe that this vampire noticed him and even deflect his bullets so easily. If shooting doesn't work, then that only leaves him with close combat. Although Kaminari may not be the best in that area but Kirishima really need helps right now.

Picking up his gun, Kaminari left the rooftop. Taking out his phone, he begin to message everyone for backup. He hope that Kirishima can last until the other nearby hunters arrival to help.

In his rush movement, Kaminari's unaware of that his earpiece has fallen off and landed on the floor.

~~~

The battle ended in a blink of an eye.

Everything happened way too fast for him to catch up. One second, Kirishima was trying to fight the vampire off but the enemy is too fast. She easily dodged every swing of his knife before disappearing into the air and then reappear behind him. With his silver knife in hand, Kirishima whipped around and manage to slash her on right forearm. She growled angrily and knock his knife away. Before Kirishima knew it, she has her hand wrapped around him neck, lifting him off the ground and chocking him.

At first, Kirishima may not be able to tell but now he knows. This vampire's special ability is 'teleportation'. She may not be a pure blooded vampire but her ability makes her an enemy that's as dangerous as them.

"Ah, I almost forgot." The vampire said. She loosen her grip and drop Kirishima down on the ground. "Have you seen any fledgling vampire around here?"

Kirishima cough and he took a deep breath in. "W-wha...?"

"You see, our boss has been feeling really irritated lately due to his 'missing' fledgling. Around a week... or maybe more than that? His fledgling fought with one of us and is protecting the hunters. Do you know anything about that?"

Kirishima flinched at her words. This vampire is talking about Izuku and her words gave Kirishima the answer to things that has been happening lately, which is the attacks on the vampire hunters. Could it be that the reason why most hunters got attacked by vampires is because of Izuku? Because Izuku is seen protecting them, the vampires thought that they are related?

Still, the numbers of attacks is crazy. Just who in the world is this vampire's boss? And by fledgling... Izuku's sire is the leader of these vampires?

Judging by Kirishima's silent and the look on his face, the female vampire grinned. "So you do know something huh... tell me, where is our little fledgling? If you do, I'll be nice enough to spare your life."

With such a powerful vampire near him, even Kirishima would feel fear. However, he refuse to sell his friend out even at the cost of his own life. That's would be really unmanly and he'd be betraying Katsuki's trust

Gritting his teeth, Kirishima shouted. "As if I'll tell you!"

"...Is that so? Then that's really a shame..."

She reach out her hand, ready to snap the hunter's neck and then drink his blood. But she noticed a flash of green from the corner of her eyes, followed by the sound of a gunshot. She pull her hand back just in time to avoid the bullet. However, she wasn't expecting to see a hooded boy charging straight at her.

The boy throw a punch at her, which she caught it with one hand. He pull his fist back and lift up a leg, kicking her right in the gut with a force that causes her to cough out blood. She immediately teleport to a safe distance, which is only a few meters away.