Chapter 19: A small chat

When they left the room, most of the adults are there, except for Takami, Todoroki Enji and Aizawa. All of them are watching Izuku's every move carefully. Now that Izuku's no longer in the same room filled with the smell of blood, his mind has clear up a lot and he can now think clearly. The gazes of the adult hunters made Izuku feels like he's still not fully welcomed yet. But when Kayama approach him with a small smile, he was a little taken back.

"Congratulations on passing the test, I'm looking forward to see your achievement in the future. And also..." Kayama turn her attention to Kaminari and Kirishima. "Please watch after them, as well as the others."

By 'watching over them', Izuku knew that Kayama's talking about protecting the younger hunters, prevent them from doing dangerous things and dying on the battlefield. It's kind of surprising that Kayama's willing to trust Izuku to handle it even though they are not familiar with each other yet. Izuku doesn't want to let her down and of course, he won't let anyone die on his watch.

With a determined expression, Izuku nodded his head. "I will."

Pleased with Izuku's response, Kayama turned on her heel while waving goodbye at the three teens. The other hunters also, give Izuku one last look before leaving.

Now that the test is over, Izuku was told that he can spend the night here as it was really late now. According to Kaminari and Kirishima, they told him that there's a few rooms where hunters can stay for the night. But firstly, Izuku wanted to find Katsuki as there are some things he wanted to talk to the blond about.

With Izuku's sense of smell, it was easy for them to find where Katsuki is. Walking down the hallway, Izuku was surprised to see how clear and neat the place is. It might not look like it but this place is huge and it's like some kind of a maze. Then, a teen with messy purple hair passed by and Izuku stopped in his track. He whipped around and stare at that boy in shock. Something about him just doesn't seem right and feels... inhuman.

Just when Izuku thought about calling out, the purple haired teen turn around the corner. Just like that, he left Izuku's line of sight.

"Um..." Izuku muttered softly, turning his attention back to his friends.

"Hm? Is there something wrong?" Kaminari asked.

"I-I'm the only vampire here... right?"

"Well, at the lowest basement there are some really nasty vampires that was captured and locked up. But you're the only vampire who get to freely walk around like this." Kirishima explained.

"Has any vampire escape or sneak in before?"

"No, the security is really tight here even though it doesn't look like it."

"I see..."

While Izuku isn't fully sure if that person just now is a vampire or not, he knew that there's definitely something off about him. However, Izuku didn't pick up any hostility or bloodlust from him. Kirishima said it just now, no vampires has escaped or sneak in before. So it should be okay if he were to leave that boy be right...?

"Kind of weird for you to be asking such questions. Is there something bothering you, Deku?" Kaminari asked.

"I-I'm just curious about it. And my name is Midoriya Izuku."

"But Bakugou keep calling you Deku."

"That's actually the nickname Kacchan gave me."

"Can I call you that too?"

Izuku casted his gaze down to the floor as he fidget with his fingers nervously. "If possibly, please call me 'Midoriya'. It feels a little weird for me to be hearing someone else other than Kacchan calling me 'Deku'."

Kaminari snapped his fingers and gives Izuku a playful smile. "A special name that's only reserved for a special someone right? Sounds a bit like some sweet name calling for couples. Do you like Bakugou or something?"

When Izuku start to blush, Kaminari knew that he accidentally 'hit' the mark. Staring at Izuku with a dumbfounded look, Kaminari was at loss of words. From the stunned look on Kirishima's face, it was clear that the red head was also surprised to know that. Kaminari only wanted to tease Izuku a little bit but to think that he really does has feeling for Katsuki... that's kind of hard to believe. How did such a nice guy like Izuku end up falling for that demon (Katsuki) in the first place?

"...Eh? No way, you got to be kidding right? You seriously like that guy? As in a romantic way?"

Izuku gives a small nod and smiled sadly. "But Kacchan already rejected me so..."

"Huh?! He turn you down?! Why?!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"Because he... don't really like me?"

"But there's no way that Bakugou doesn't like you right? I mean, just think about it! Bakugou broke the rule for you, go against the organization for you and even fight in order to prevent the others from killing you! Nobody would be willing to go through so much trouble for someone they don't like or care about!"

Izuku widen his eyes in surprise. While it's true that Katsuki did many things for him, he couldn't really understand the reason behind it. Does Katsuki actually sees him as a 'friend' who need to be protected? Or is there something more to it?

If Katsuki really does care for Izuku from the bottom of his heart... that would makes him kind of happy.

~~~

Todoroki Enji was currently in his office, writing the last report before he can finally leave and head back home. He has wasted enough time on that fledgling vampire and he refuse to waste anymore of his precious time. The sound of the door opening and closing caught his attention and he looked up, frowning at the number two hunter.

Retuning back to writing his report, Enji asked in an annoyed tone. "What do you want?"

"Nothing, just want to have a small chat with you." Takami said as he lean on the door, wearing the same carefree smile as always. "You know, I honestly thought that you'd be against the idea of having a vampire on our side. You always said that vampires can never win against their instinct to hurt or kill someone. So I thought you'd refuse to let the trial take place."

"I'm against it. I won't even let it happen if-"

"There wasn't so many of us who is willing to witness a vampire winning against his instinct with our own eyes?" Takami finished the sentence in Enji's place, much to the number one hunter's annoyance. "Knowing you, I believe you'd never give that boy a chance to prove himself. There's a reason why you choose to give him a chance right? Is it because Midoriya-kun is that 'person's' son?"

Enji stopped writing and glare at Takami.

"To tell the truth, I found some interesting old records a few months ago. Before I joined, there's another talented hunter beside you and Yagi Toshinori. His name is Midoriya Hisashi, the pervious number three hunter and of course, the father of Midoriya Izuku. On a mission to hunt down a pure blooded vampire, he went missing. After years of searching, he was never found and was believed to be 'dead'."

Enji knew Takami long enough to know that there's something he wanted to tell him.

"...What are you trying to say here?"

Takami stopped smiling and is now wearing a serious expression. "I'll cut straight to the point. I think, I might have seen something... really unusual."

~~~

A/N: Many of you has the theory that Izuku's father is a vampire and how Izuku himself is a half-vampire. It was a great and interesting theory but sadly, he's not a vampire but a former hunter and is a human. However, I won't reveal too much things yet. And about the half-vampire thing... it will be explained in the next chapter (probably).