Chapter 6: Bad timing

At some point while waiting for Katsuki to return home, Izuku has fallen asleep on the sofa. When he heard the sound of the keys, Izuku rubbed his eyes and slowly sits up. Looking at the clock, he was shocked to see that there was only one hour left till midnight.

Does Katsuki end his work this late every day? If so, then this job must have be really tiring for him. It's kind of amazing that Katsuki still can study and work with little rest- oh no... come to think about it, Izuku woke Katsuki up last night because he got hungry again didn't he? Because of this, Izuku made Katsuki lose some of his precious sleep. How could he be so stupid and not think carefully before he wake Katsuki up? Just when Katsuki's nice enough to let Izuku stay with him, how could he do something so stupid and bothered-

Izuku was cut off from his thoughts when something soft hit his on the face. He grab the soft material off his face and stare at it with a confused look. It was a black hoodie and Izuku can easily tell that this is new. Nobody has worn it before.

"You're muttering too much, stupid Deku." Katsuki said, dropping his school bag on the sofa beside Izuku. The nerd was busy muttering and overthinking about pointless things that he didn't even noticed that Katsuki has entered the house. He open his school bag and took out a sunglasses and a plain white surgical mask and then pass the two items to Izuku, who tilted his head with a puzzled expression. "Put those on. We're going out."

"Eh? We're going out? Right now?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Stop asking questions and just put it on!"

Izuku flinched and quickly put the clothing on. Once he was done, he finally realized why Katsuki made him wear these clothes before they went out. It was to hide his vampire traits. A sunglasses to cover his eyes, a plain white surgical mask to hide his fangs and a large hoodie with a long sleeve that almost went pass his fingertips. Izuku understand why he need to dress up like this but... to be honest, this only makes him stand out more and he look like a very suspicious person.

Katsuki stared at Izuku for a while before making a comment on Izuku's appearance. "You look like a fucking creep."

Izuku sweat dropped and lightly retorted. "You're the one who ask me wear it, Kacchan."

"Then pull the hood up and take off the mask and sunglasses. Nobody should be able to see your fangs if you didn't open your mouth. It's dark and I don't think people can see your eyes clearly. Just make sure nobody saw your claws."

The mask and sunglasses was removed and Izuku pull the hood over his head.

Okay, this is much better. At least, the nerd doesn't look like a creep now. It was almost midnight so there shouldn't be many people who is still hanging outside at this timing. They just need be careful not to run into the other hunters who is probably patrolling around the town or hungry vampires who is hiding in shadow while looking for a prey.

Turning on his heel, Katsuki signal Izuku to follow him. "Alright, let's go-"

Katsuki was cut off when he heard the sound of a stomach growling. He look over his shoulder with an annoyed expression while Izuku's blushing in embarrassment.

"I-is it okay if I eat something first?"

"...Tch, do whatever the fuck you like."

~~~

Katsuki and Izuku made their way through the street. While Izuku was silently enjoying the walk and the gentle breeze, Katsuki was keeping an eye out for people and vampires. Before they turn around the corner, Izuku pull the hood further down until half of his face cannot be seen. Katsuki find it odd but after they make their turn, he spotted two salaryman laughing and chatting with each other as they passes by.