Chapter 35: Taken

Sitting on the ground with his back resting against the wall, Izuku watches Katsuki as he 'finish' Muscular off. Human or vampires, life is still a precious thing and yet, for the first time... Izuku doesn't feel bad about someone else's death. That guy doesn't deserve to be forgiven for all the people he has killed for his own fun and entertainment. One of the most dangerous vampires is now dead and that's a good thing. Thinking back about it now, Izuku noticed something that he found odd.

During the battle, Muscular has never once used his ability despite being a pure-blooded vampire.

Could it be that his ability hasn't awaken yet? Is he avoiding using it for some unknown reason? Or is there a requirement for using his ability? Either way, Izuku's lucky that Muscular isn't using any ability. If he did, winning the battle is going to be extremely difficult. That aside, Izuku hope that Kirishima made it in time to help Kaminari.

"How's your injuries, Deku?" Katsuki asked.

"Almost fully healed up."

"And your hunger?"

"I can deal with it-" Izuku paused when he saw the glare Katsuki's giving him. Almost as if the blond is saying, 'I dare you to lie to my fucking face, you shitty nerd'. Wanting to avoid getting yelled at, Izuku quickly corrects himself. "I guess... I'm still a little bit hungry."

Katsuki thought for a while. He's injured and Izuku is hungry at the moment, being together with him right now is just like placing a plate of delicious food in front of a starving person. Izuku most likely won't last until they reach the shopping mall. This is a hard decision to make but Katsuki doesn't really have much choice.

"Wait here, I'll go and see if there's any vending machine nearby. If you sense any enemies nearby, go hide somewhere."

"But-"

"Remember, do NOT fight them!" Katsuki shouted as he ran off.

"You're injured, Kacchan..." Izuku finished his sentence in whispers, since Katsuki won't be able to hear him with how far he has already run off. Katsuki is injured and Izuku honestly doesn't want him to go somewhere on his own.

Katsuki may not say it out loud but he's being caring of Izuku in his own ways and that makes him kind of happy. Bringing his knees up to his chest, Izuku muttered under his breath. "Come back soon, Kacchan..."

After waiting for a while, the smell of human blood reaches his nose. Oh no, did someone got attacked by a vampire and is now badly hurt? Izuku quickly got up and before he could look for the injured person, they have already revealed themselves.

Walking slowly, a woman with long black hair struggle to stay up as she drags her bloody body along. Izuku was about to rush over to help her when he noticed the wounds she has. Those wounds are caused by guns.

The hunters would never shoot another human being and they are all well trained enough not to make such mistake. Unless a vampire uses someone as a hostage and a shield? If so, why is she alone? There are many other possibilities but he should still help-

The woman lifts her face up, looking at Izuku while smiling like a manic.

It was then Izuku realized that this woman is not a normal 'human'.

~~~

When Katsuki isn't in need of using any vending machines, he swears that he can see it almost everywhere. And now that he's in urgent need of it, he couldn't even find one! Has someone been going around stealing vending machines or something?!

It feels like forever when he finally manages to found one. Inserting the coins into the machine, Katsuki brought a few snack bars. Things like potato chips doesn't has a small packaging so snacks that are smaller in size are more convenient to carry around.