Chapter 20: What am I to you?

There was a familiar voice.

Izuku can hear Katsuki shouting at someone further down the hallway and from the sound of it, the blond appears to be really furious about something. Right as they turn around the corner, they stopped in their track when they saw Katsuki and Monoma together.

"If you dare to pull that fucking shit again or even think about touching him, I'll fucking kill you!" Katsuki threatened while glaring at Monoma angrily.

Monoma merely smiled, turn his back on Katsuki and begin to walk away, completely unaffected by the threat. "Sure, whatever you say. Just make sure your little vampire friend doesn't get in the way or I might accidentally kill him."

"You fucker...!" Katsuki growled angrily. If he can beat the shit out of that bastard, he'd have done it long time ago. It was against the rule for fellow hunters to be fighting among themselves and since Katsuki has already broke a few rules, breaking another one is going to put him in trouble again.

"Kacchan..."

Katsuki flinched when he heard Izuku's voice. Turning around slowly, Katsuki was surprised to see that Izuku's not alone as Kirishima and Kaminari's with him too. Did they heard his conversion with Monoma? How much did they heard?

"That annoying guy really piss me off. I know he hate vampires but does he has to say those things?" Kaminari grumbled, obviously not pleased to heard what Monoma just said.

"Why are you guys doing here?" Katsuki asked.

"Looking for you of course. Midoriya is worried about you and he has something he want to talk to you about." Kirishima replied.

Katsuki blinked. Izuku want to talk to him about something? What could it be? What's so important that Izuku feel the need talk to him about it now?

"Now that we brought him to you, our job is done here and we're going to sleep." Kaminari announced and let out a yawn. Then, he turn toward Izuku and pointed a finger at him. "And also Midoriya, stay away from that Monoma guy. That guy is serious a bad news, especially for you."

"Ah, t-thanks for the warning."

"Well then, see you tomorrow." Kirishima waved goodbye at his friends before leaving with Kaminari.

Now that both of them are alone, Izuku slowly turn around and stare at Katsuki. It's nothing serious or important but he just couldn't really get it off his mind. The mood turns awkward as Izuku has no idea how he should start the conversion.

"So? What is it that you want to talk about?" Katsuki asked.

Izuku flinched and casted his gaze down to the floor. "Um, you see Kacchan... you said it before. You said the reason why you're doing so many things for me is because it's your job. But all of that is a lie. You're hiding me from your organization and on top of that, you're breaking the rules. Why is that so? If you're not doing this due to your job, then why are you willing to go this far for me when you dislike me?"

Katsuki widen his eyes in surprise. He knew that Izuku's going to ask him about why he break the rules for him and why he's doing so much things for him when he 'dislike' him sooner or later. But right now, Katsuki himself doesn't has a proper answer to those questions.

"My feelings for Kacchan hasn't change since back then. I like you but... what do you think of me? What am I to you?" Izuku asked in a soft voice, tilting his head up and made eye contact with Katsuki.

Katsuki couldn't answer Izuku right away. He never really thought about it that much. What is Izuku to him? All Katsuki know is that he does care for this idiot and how he refuse to let anything bad happen to him. So does this makes him see Izuku as someone important and irreplaceable?