Chapter 24: First mission (Part Two)

The location of the vampire's house is in an old neighborhood where many residences has already moved out. A very shady-looking place but it serves as a rather good spot for vampires to hide without drawing much attention to them.

Stepping out of the car, Kayama narrowed her eyes on the house. Through the window, she can see that it is pitch black inside but for a moment, the curtain inside seems to be moving a little bit. She'd like to believe that it was her imagination but after years of hunting vampires, she knew that she wasn't overthinking about it.

Someone or 'something' is inside the house and the chance of it being another vampire is very high. Taking on two vampires isn't that difficult for her but it was their ability that she need to be wary of. While things has gotten a little bit troublesome, Kayama isn't too worried about it. Since she has a cute newbie who is also a vampire on her team tonight.

The vampire, which she found out that his name is Kei (and possibility a fake name), lead her into his house. He didn't bother to turn on the lights. He just keep his hand around her waist as he carefully bring her to his room. Inside the dark house, Kei didn't bump into anything thanks to his vampire's night vision and Kayama knows that if she didn't point it out, he might end up suspecting her instead.

"Hey, aren't you going to turn on the lights?" she asked.

"Ah, about that... it's embarrassing but my house is a little messy right now. So I don't really want you to see that." Kei replied, faking a sheepish smile.

"But wouldn't you bump into something and end up hurting yourself?"

"It's alright, I know my own house like the back of my hand."

Entering his room, the only light that help Kayama to see is the moonlight that shines through the window. Without asking for any permission, she went to his bed and sits down on it, giving him a seductive look to temp him into coming closer to her.

It worked and the vampire came closer like a moth drawn towards fire. To his surprise, Kayama smiled and said, "I trust that you know what to do now right, 'newbie'?"

That sentence doesn't sounds like she's talking to him. Giving her a puzzled look, Kei asked, "What are you talking-"

A shadow appear at the window and the glass shatter into many pieces. Before he knew it, his neck was twisted to the side due to a powerful hit. Kei can feel his own neck breaking but he won't die from this, since he's not a weak and powerless human. He grabbed his own head and twist it back. Standing in front of his prey is a teenage boy with messy green hair. He couldn't smell anything from this boy but those eyes give away his identity.

This kid is a vampire.

"Tch, what are you doing, you brat?! Are you trying to steal my prey?!" Kei snapped angrily, bearing his fangs. He doesn't care that his plan to have his way with the female human was ruined. Either way, he'll kill this vampire and the woman.

"Are you alright?" Izuku asked without turning around to look at the female hunter. He knows that the enemy this time could be troublesome so he cannot take his eyes off him. Who knows what the enemy will do the moment Izuku were to look away.

Izuku blinked when he saw how the adult vampire's eyes starts to glow and he immediately knew that it wasn't a good sign. If the opponent can paralysis his target just by looking at them, then it would be a very bad idea to fight in this house where there isn't much space or hiding place. Izuku tear the window's curtain off and flung it at Kei's face to block his sight and preventing him from using his ability. Making use of this chance, Izuku slam his foot right onto Kei's abdomen.

"This brat is fast!" Kei internally cursed as blood flow from his mouth. He rip the piece of fabric off and the first thing he saw is sharp nails, aiming for his eyes. Kei let out a pained scream as Izuku slash across his eyes, temporary taking away his sight.