Chapter 38: Even if it's against the order

Kaminari was sure that he is not going to make it. When he closes his eyes, he believes that he'll never be able to open them again. He reaches for his neck, touching the area where the vampire slitted his throat. "I'm still alive?"

Strangely enough, there wasn't any traces of bandages of wrapped around his neck. Not to mention that the skin on his neck was smooth and it didn't hurt at all. Was that all a dream? No... it felt too real to be a dream. He definitely felt the cold blade of the knife on his neck, slicing through the skin and flesh, cutting it open as blood spill out like a mini waterfall.

Noticing that someone else is with him, Kaminari sits up on the bed. To his confusion, he saw that he was locked inside a cell, the very same type that is used to lock dangerous vampires in.

"What...?" he muttered in disbelieve. Why is he being locked in a cell? What in the world is going on? Turning to his left, Kaminari saw Amajiki sitting on a chair next to his bed, wearing a very unease expression.

"Um... h-how are you doing?" Amajiki asked.

"Senpai? Why are you here? No wait, why are we being locked up together? Did we got captured by the enemies?"

"No, we didn't get captured. It's just that-" Amajiki paused as he tried to think of a better way on how he can explain the situation to Kaminari without freaking him out too much. "Before I tell you what happened, I want to apologise to you first."

"Huh?"

"Because of me, you can no longer live a normal life."

"I don't understand what you're trying to say, Senpai-"

"You became a vampire."

Silence hangs in the air as Amajiki's words slowly sank in. For a second, Kaminari thought that Amajiki was messing around with him. But no, he is not the type that joke around like this. Amajiki's expression, tone and everything shows that he's serious about it.

Turning his gaze down to his hands, he saw that he has claws like Izuku and Amajiki... just like all vampires. Reaching for his mouth with a trembling hand, Kaminari froze when he felt a pair of fangs inside his mouth.

"...You were about to die. This is the only way for us to prevent you from dying. I won't blame you if you were to hate me."

Widen his eyes in shock, Kaminari stare at Amajiki in horror. "No senpai, I could never hate you!"

"But..."

"I... I'm still in shock about what has happened to me. Honestly, I didn't want to die even though I know our job is a dangerous one. I'm happy to be alive but... I guess I still need some time to accept it? I mean, I can't go out in the sun and I can't eat my favourite food anymore-" Kaminari paused midsentence when a single drop of tears landed on his hand.

What in the world is he crying for?

Is he feeling relief that he's not dead? Is he still feeling the fear of dying and not being to see everyone anymore? Is he upset that he's a vampire and can no longer live like a normal person? He honestly cannot tell. He's having mixed feelings about this, that's for sure.

Amajiki panicked when he saw Kaminari crying. He doesn't know how to comfort someone who is crying and this is one of the times where he wishes that Togata is with him. The blond will definitely know what to do to cheer someone up.

"Ah- I... um..." Amajiki looks around the cell, hoping to find something that can give him an idea on what he can do in this kind of situation. But sadly, he found none.

"My bad... I don't know what came over me." Kaminari said as he wipes the tears away and forcing out a smile so that he can put Amajiki at ease. "I guess you're not only my senpai but also my sire now. Feels kind of weird just by thinking about it."