Chapter 7: Fledgling and pure blooded

A/N: Ahhhhh, action/fighting scene are difficult to write and I sucks at it. Sorry if it's terriblely written. (>  <)

~~~

Katsuki's going to scold Izuku for not listening to him.

But Izuku couldn't shake off the feeling that something terrible is going to happen and so, he left the house. He planned to chase after Katsuki but when his nose caught the smell of a human and a vampire together, he knew that he need to change his direction and go save that person from becoming a victim.

When Izuku saw the black haired vampire is going to stab the hunter, Izuku immediately jump in between them and caught the knife with his bare hand. It hurts but still somewhat bearable. Izuku can tell at first glance that this vampire is way stronger than him but he's not going to regret coming here. After all, Izuku manage to stop someone from dying by the hands of this vampire.

The vampire... Yamato was it? Izuku believe that he heard the blond haired hunter calling him by that name. The smell of blood on Yamato was really strong and Izuku wanted to cover his nose to block out the smell.

Just how many people has he killed? Does all pure blooded vampires smell like this?

Yamato was shocked to see Izuku at first but he narrowed his eyes and smiled. "You... are a vampire right? Not to mention that you smell like 'him'."

"'Him'?" Izuku thought as he keep his eyes locked on the vampire ahead of him.

What does he meant by that? Could it be that this vampire... know who his sire is? They know each other? If so then this could be really bad. When he was attacked, he was merely a 'meal' that was left to die from blood loss. His sire probably never thought that Izuku'd survive and become a vampire.

Will Yamato go back and tell his sire that he's alive? Will his sire come and finish him off for good this time? Izuku can feel the fear gripping onto his heart and a bead of sweat ran down the side of his face. This is bad... this is really bad!

"Hey, you're a fledgling who hasn't tasted blood right? You're kind of cute so I won't mind sharing my meal with you." Yamato continued. Without warning, he pull the knife out from Izuku's grip, causing him to wince from the pain.

Izuku growled and took a fighting stance, blocking the hunter behind him from the pure blooded vampire's view. With his uninjured hand, he did a hand signal to tell the hunter to run away. Izuku might not be able to defeat this vampire and he doesn't know how long he can hold on but at the very least, he can buy time for the hunter to escape.

It seems like the hunter didn't understand his hand signal because Izuku can tell that he's still there, probably frozen in shock.

"Hurry up and run!" Izuku shouted with a hint of desperate in his voice. And that works, the sound of the shuffling feet reaches Izuku's ear and the hunter is running away. That good, it wouldn't be easy if he has to fight and protect someone at the same time. On top of that, Izuku doesn't have any fighting experience so he don't know how well he can fight.

"Oh, I get it. You're still clinging onto your humanity. Not a very uncommon behavior to be found in the fledglings." Yamato said.

In a blink of an eye, Izuku found himself slammed to the wall beside him while Yamato is grinning at him with a crazy look in his eyes.

"He's fast!" Izuku thought. His back hurts and he couldn't even react to the attack even when he saw it coming. Izuku's aware that he wasn't strong enough to defeat this vampire but to think that the difference between their strength would be this big. He widen his eyes when Yamato lean in forward until their face is just an inch away from each other.