Chapter 4.5: Aizawa

Aizawa wasn't leading an easy life.

Working as a teacher in the morning and then hunting down vampires at night... this isn't a life that normal people can get used to. There are time where Aizawa got badly injured, lose his team members and see strangers getting killed right in front of him. This is how dangerous their work is.

The older vampire hunters said that this isn't a work that is suitable for kids and Aizawa can agree with them. But reality isn't that nice. There are many kids who joined the organization because they have lost their family and friends to the vampires. Some joined for the sake of protecting other people while some joined for the sake of getting revenge.

Because Aizawa has been in this line of job for a long time, he had shed tears over the deaths of his friends countless of time in the past and now, the tears has dried up. He won't cry and he couldn't even cry. Even if he wanted to cry, the tears won't even come out.

Aizawa hate to see the most is his own teammates passing away right in front of him. He hate it even more when a 15 to 18 years old kids lost their own lives on the battlefield. He was used to getting hurt during battle but he can never get used to seeing people dying.

And he never thought that he'd see the body of his students, sickly pale and is on the blink of death in an alley one day. It happened one night when Aizawa was chasing down a highly dangerous pure blooded vampire with his partner and that's how he found Izuku. It was plain obvious that there's no hope in saving Izuku in time because he has lost way too much blood.

Aizawa's partner gives him a look of pity. "Sir... that boy was one of you students right?"

"..." he clenched his fists tightly and turned around. "Let's go. We need to hunt down that vampire before he can cause kill another person."

"But Sir-"

"And one more thing."

"Yes?"

"Do not tell Bakugou about this."

"Why is that so? Do they know each other?"

"Yeah. That's why I don't want another kid to become obsess with killing vampires for revenge just like 'him'."

Fully aware of who Aizawa is referring to, he's glad that his partner didn't ask any more questions. Not giving his dying student another glance, Aizawa begin to walk away. This may seems like coldhearted thing to do but there's no choice. He hate the idea of leaving Izuku alone in such place but they need to hunt down that vampire no matter what. Or else more people will end up dying like Izuku.

After a few hours of looking until the sun is about to rise, they immediately knew that they have failed their mission as they were unable to find their target. Even though there are a few other team who is also on the chase, none of them manage to spot that sneaky vampire.

Everyone has suspected that there might be a vampire with the ability to warp or teleport things and people away but so far, nobody knows who that vampire could be. It could be the pure blooded vampire they are chasing but they cannot prove it. And when Aizawa return to the same alley where Izuku is...

The body was nowhere to be found.

Aizawa curses himself for allowing such thing to happen. Pure blooded vampires has a strange habit that nobody can explain. They like to ensure that their prey is hundred percent dead no matter what. The vampire with the wrapping ability is probably the one who took Izuku away. But the boy is already at the death's door. Even so, they are not going to let a dying child off? Damn these blood suckers.

They are such a cruel and hateful creatures...

~~~

A/N: This chapter (that I forgot to post) took place around the same timing as the first chapter. To clear things up, Aizawa doesn't know that Izuku survived and thought that the vampire took him away to finish him off for good.