Chapter 36: A small hope

Like an unstoppable raging bull, Katsuki didn't stop to rest even for a minute as he continue to hunt down every single vampire he came across. Without resting, he pushes himself forward and keep on fighting. No matter how tired or how badly injured he got, he refuses to stop until he found out where Izuku is.

In the end, not only he returns to the headquarter empty handed, he didn't even manage to get any useful information out of the vampires.

Stepping out of the medical room, Katsuki winced a little at the pain he received from all those fights. With bandages around his head, left arm and abdomen, he's considered lucky enough to get out alive without any life-threatening injuries.

There are many other hunters standing around the hallway, some of them is waiting to get their injuries treated while the others are waiting for their teammates to come out.

When some of the hunters noticed Katsuki's present, they give him a look of pity. News about Izuku being abducted spread like a wildfire. Everyone know how close Katsuki and Izuku is. The pain and despair of failing to protect someone who is important to you (or vampire in this case) is something every hunter knows.

Not wanting so many people to see the state he is in, Katsuki immediately left the area. Returning to his room, he stares at Izuku's empty bed for a while. The frustration on how he failed to protect Izuku from his sire rise up and he whipped around, punching the wall to vent some of those frustration.

This won't do, he need to stay calm and come up with a plan to rescue Izuku. But there's no information or hints about the enemies whereabout! Even if he rushes out to look for Izuku, where should he even start? Running around blindly is just wasting more time!

What if it's already too late? What if Izuku's sire has already forced him to drink his blood? What if... he'll never be able to see Izuku again?

Katsuki rarely felt fear but the thought of not being able to see Izuku again makes him sick. He tried so hard, endure many harsh battles and pain, all for the sake of keeping those who is close to him out of the vampire's harm way. He already lost his parents, he cannot afford to lose Izuku as well.

They have been together since they were kids. For Izuku not to be part of his world anymore... it's a terrifying thought and he can't imagine a world without the nerd. Katsuki has lost friends to vampires before but the emotions weren't as intense as this.

They share a long history and the nerd is like a very close friend to him but at the same time, Katsuki felt that Izuku is more than a 'friend' to him.

"What am I to you?"

Izuku's question echoes inside Katsuki's mind. And he has no idea why is he remembering this now. Rather than thinking about stuff like this, he should be coming up with plans on how to locate Izuku instead!

"Fuck..." Katsuki cursed.

A knock on the door was heard and Katsuki turn his attention towards the door. To be frank, he's not in the mood to see anyone or even talk to them right now. He thought of ignoring them but it'll be faster if he were to chase them away himself.

"It's me, Bakugou Katsuki."

Katsuki widen his eyes in surprise when he heard that voice. What the fuck is Shinso Hitoshi doing outside of his room?

"I heard the news about Midoriya's abduction. You must be in a very bad mood right now but I need to tell you something." Shinso said.

"..."

"I know a way for you to find Midoriya's location."

The door swing open and Katsuki stood there, staring at Shinso with a disbelieved look. Shinso look around his surrounding to make sure that nobody is nearby to eavesdropping on them. He'd be in a lot of trouble if someone were to find out what he has done. Taking out a key, he held it right in front of Katsuki.