★ 九

"this fluttering feeling. i'm so lucky to have found you."

-

ten pov

waking up today, i felt as fresh as can be while johnny caressed my cheek. "good morning sunshine." staring at him, i sighed in relief as a faint memory of what happened yesterday flashed through my mind. i smirked, pushing myself off of the bed and leaving the room without a word. it took me only a few minutes to prepare as i came out of the shower with the same-old outfit. "are you coming to school with me today?" i asked as i put on my backpack, "of course! i need to see the aftermath and how those bullies would respond, seeing you the day after. it's going to be quite the entertainment for sure." i let out a chuckle and grabbed his hand. "alrighty then, let's go."

meanwhile..

third pov

a very specific group of mischievous students were trying to warn the people around them about the boy in their grade. but for some reason, no one is believing them.. wonder why? "seriously? that weak thai boy? demon? you must be joking." said a close friend, "but look what he did to us!" "eh must be a fever dream. you guys drew those bruises, i'm not buying it." they gave another shot with the principal to get him suspended but was thrown a scoff in return. "nonsense, return to class.. all three of you. if i see any from your bunch coming back here to spread lies, you're getting detention. now leave." they were outside, near the restroom. a sigh was heard from one, "why won't anyone listen to us?" he whined like a child. "whatever. if anything happens to them, it wouldn't be our fault. let's just resume with our schedule."

ten had entered the school with johnny next to him, no bullies in sight so far. "maybe they feared you so much that they rushed to transfer to another learning facility as soon as possible!" the boy struggled to hide his grin, "haha that doesn't make sense, if it's real though then.. they're a bunch of pussies." the man mimicked the scared expressions as the duo made a stop in front of the lockers to retrieve some books. coincidentally, that was when they saw the group of three. a guy glanced over and let out a girly shriek, the bundle running off as their classmates gave them weird looks. ten couldn't help but giggle with his hand over his mouth, johnny letting out a satisfied smile. "serves them right." maybe the human did prefer to be this way. no one bothering him, all thanks to his demon partner.

time skip~

the two had just arrived to the resting spot when johnny asked a sudden question, "tennie?" "yes john?" he back-hugged the human. "i've just noticed.. why do you keep on wearing the same clothes repeatedly?" ten blushed and turned to face the demon, "it's cause i don't have anything else to put on." the man gasped dramatically and dragged the boy to sit on the bed. "that's unacceptable! no one should have a limited choice in their wardrobe!" the said human shrugged, "well what else can i do?" "that's it, we're going shopping! cause if there's one more thing you don't know about me, it's that i'm a professional fashion evaluator."

 ten tried to protest. "b-but tomorrow's school a-and i'm not allowed out of the house till then!" johnny shut him up with a peck on the lips, "who cares? i have a bunch of tricks up my sleeves. let's not worry about anything else and have fun for the rest of the day!" and so, the boy decided to listen to him as the couple got ready. when the both of them left the room, the man set up a simulation to make a doppelganger 'ten' who could respond just the same way as the real one. the hologram waved at the pair and closed the door. they sneaked out without much difficulty.