★ 十 三

❝extend your hand even higher, i'm tying together a different you and me.❞

-

ten pov

a month. it has been a month since i met johnny, yet people at school were now fearing me. how did it get to this conclusion you may ask? well, i might have not lost temper during class and exposed my powers. though i didn't mind at all, the way they move away from me whenever i walk near was so fucking hilarious. as long as no one was in my way, they're not getting hurt. i had come back to the house from school today, when i overheard some hushed sentences coming from the living room. i was alone cause my man wanted to explore (he's remembering the area in case anything happens), and he already trusted me enough to be able to defend myself. curious, i decided to eavesdrop.

"are you still keeping that boy?" "oh, you mean ten? yeah of course, that stupid bitch is my fucking slave." "good. he should be. his father ruined everything for me so this is what he deserves." "..what? who is this person, what do they mean?" i thought. i was starting to feel a headache incoming and i didn't like it, "years ago, my company could've been at the top. we wouldn't have no problem then. but that family came rushing in, stealing my spot. rage filled my body.. i had to eliminate them somehow. the leechaiyapornkuls were grabbing my capital!" suddenly i had a vision, not in the form of my memories though.. it was new. this was one of the abilities i had absorb. through it, i discovered that the story of my horrible past wasn't a normal robbery. someone hired two hitmen to take us down cause my dad owned the biggest company in south korea. and that someone.. was his competitor who got jealous. i was beginning to feel hot out of anger, i knew i had to control myself but.. it was impossible. so i ran upstairs to my room to let it all out. i decided that i want to find that person with the help of my demon, vengeance was what i will do to the guy once i captured him.

third pov

taeyong noticed his step-brother acting weird since last month and started to investigate. "what are we even doing tae?" the duo were snooping around as they quietly followed the latter all the way from school, back home. they were on their tippy-toes while dashing down the street. the boy even hit some trash cans on the journey but was lucky enough that the pair had a somewhat far distance from ten. "shh! i know that i said to leave him be but, i'm taking that statement back. his personality has drastically modified so much that i'm not even sure if that person's really my step-brother anymore.. or maybe someone in disguise using his name." the males had almost made it inside when the angel got them to halt, causing the other to whine. "i get that you have good intentions. though, i'm sorry to say.. it's getting ridiculous. why are we acting like some spies in a random action movie when we can just be normal? this is your house that we're heading to, right?" taeyong scratched his head, feeling embarrassed. "alright i'll admit, i may have made it seem over-the-top. i apologize. let's just go, we need to make sure that we don't miss a single one of his movements." the man saluted to that and the duo returned to focusing on their target.

they went to the staircase as soon as they got in, the boy not bothering to greet his mom who seemed to have just gotten off the phone. while walking through the hallway, the pair had heard some loud crashes coming from ten's room. that was the signal to go check on what was happening, the both of them regretting their decision after witnessing the terrifying sight. the human was with jaehyun (who he had gotten used to his presence already by then), when they accidentally discovered ten's dark side. his door was wide open and the younger was pissed off, throwing things around the room while yelling cusses. that wasn't the only thing they noticed though, it was the pitch black eyes and glowing star tattoo on his neck that triggered taeyong's fear. the angel gasped, the human equally shook. the two quickly hid by entering the boy's room before they could get caught.

"taeyong he.. he.. he already has help.. but from the bad side." taeyong made sure to lock the entrance before facing the older, "what do you mean jaehyun?" "he made a deal with a devil." "WHAT?! oh no this is my fault, i stressed him out too much that he probably decided to resolve it through terrible things." "quit blaming yourself tae, it's not entirely yours but we have to fix this.. before he gets out of control or even worse.." his heartbeat was definitely accelerated by now, but this was the least of his worries. "there is an even more dreadful outcome?" "i'm sorry tae, he doesn't have a lot of time.. he'll die." "we can't let that happen! you got to do something jae, please!" the man now felt his shoulders being shaken. he's trying his best to comfort the latter, "i'll see what i can do, for now let's just relax okay? and whenever you encounter him, please don't overreact! he'll be suspicious and it'll make things harder for us." the boy nodded, sighing. he decided to go to sleep before his train of thoughts could affect him too much as jaehyun sat in the corner to think. "what will i do when he finds out about my feelings? i need to keep it hidden."

meanwhile in the other room..

 johnny had just returned from his trip and saw the boy in that condition. immediately he headed to him, holding ten to calm the human down. "shit, ten.. his tattoo grew." the younger struggled, eventually giving up and returning to his normal state. the other had to cry as the man held him in a tight embrace, "johnny, you have to help me.. please.." "what is it bub?" "i discovered something dreadful about my history and.. i want my revenge." the demon pulled away to press a gentle kiss onto the human's forehead with his arms still wrapped comfortably around the latter's waist. "of course, but before i could do that.. i'll need to hear the whole narrative first." "alright then. here i go.."

-

"i have to find that person john, i need them to pay for their sinister actions." the older sighed, "i'm afraid that i can't do anything about it using my powers.. we'll have to interrogate your step-mom to get answers." ten's eyes flashed black. "i'll do anything to get my hands on that bastard." the man smirked, he was proud of the boy to say the least. cause at the start, the human could only activate his powers if the demon was mad. but as their connection grew stronger and the training paid off, he can now use them whenever he wants. johnny was sure that his boyfriend could achieve anything. he knew that ten was done playing the good guy.