★ 一

"oh now, holding this pain.. like the day i abandoned everything."

-

third pov

"WAKE YOUR ASS UP THIS INSTANT!" a certain boy at the age of 17 was roughly pulled out of his bed and given a slap to the cheek.. his eyes instantly widening. "sorry mom-" "SHUT THE FUCK UP! I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME 'MOM'! just remember that you're nothing but a slave to me, can't believe that an ugly bitch like you got lucky enough to be living. tsk." the lady glared intensely at the boy before releasing her grip, exiting out of the room and slamming the door shut. the boy sighed as he sat back down on his bed and checked his phone for the time.. 6:00AM. 

as he was about to get ready for 'hell', his gaze landed onto his phone's wallpaper which showed the younger version of the boy, his sister and his parents. "i miss my real family.. so much. why couldn't i die with them." his mind went back to the good days; when his mom would call him 'ten' rather than plain old insults and when his whole family was supportive of his decisions. ten shook his head as he got up to change into a black hoodie, sweatpants and white shoes.. his daily outfit and probably his only one. he took his bag, got out of his room and made his way downstairs. 

once he arrived, he saw his step-family enjoying their breakfast while talking.. oh how ten misses being able to eat freely. "what are you looking at?" ten's step-brother, taeyong spoke with a raised eyebrow. "n-nothing.." "that's what i thought, now off you go. shoo shoo!" taeyong flicked his hands as ten sighed and walked out the house. he walked and walked, thinking about all the negative things that had happened in his life. his thoughts came back to that day.. the day of the tragedy.. the day when he lost everything.

flashback

the family of four were having a fun movie night, they were watching "frozen" when all of a sudden.. the lights went out. "mom? dad?" ten asked as he hugged his older sister in fear.. he didn't like the dark. "it's okay ten, just a power out-" a loud shatter interrupted them as the dad quickly got his phone out to turn on his flashlight feature, pointing it directly onto the window. there they saw something that will traumatize ten forever. two masked men broke into their house and were holding guns, thanks to the flashlight.. they had access on locating their targets. it happened so fast, the family's father got shot in the chest as the mom took their children to a room and locked them in.. eventually also getting shot.

 "sis, what's going on?" ten asked as tears were brimming up in his eyes. "mom and dad are gone.. there are bad guys in our house." his sister cried in despair, she understood cause she was old enough. soon, they heard footsteps approaching them and the sister widened her eyes. "ten, i.. i need to get you out of here." she picked his small body up and opened the window.. they live in a one-floor house. "whatever you hear or see.. please do not stop running until you get to the police station." "what about you?" "don't care about me for now, let's care about yourself first. i'll catch up to you and even if i don't.. please remember that mom, dad and me really loves you okay?" "OPEN THE DOOR, WE SWEAR NOT TO HURT YOU!" "now leave ten, hurry!" ten hesitated but started to sprint his way to the nearest police station, he looked back and heard a gunshot. the tears in his eyes dropped one by one, he lost his one and only motivation in life.