★ 二

"reality blocks me and i'm unable to advance or retreat, try to let go but i can't."

-

ten pov

i took slow and cautious steps as i used the long way to the house, the same incident had happened last week and i remember being tortured by my step-dad. this is just a cycle in my life now. so why not take my time? even if i rushed back, i would still get the punishment. i used this walk to observe my surroundings and just appreciate nature. the bright moon, shining its' light onto my face as i heard an owl's hoots. the gentle breeze, smoothly flowing through me while i broke into a soft smile. i love how the neighborhood gets so peaceful at night, the total opposite of how it is in the morning with the constant shouting and violence. 

without noticing, i have already arrived at the doorstep of my step-family's house. i grabbed the door handle, took a deep breath and carefully opened it. my step-mom was talking with taeyong in the living room, sitting on the couch when both their gazes landed on me. fuck, i was planning on sneaking to my room but i guess my luck had run out. "oh, look who finally decides to show up!" step-mom said as she gives me a fake smile, facing back to taeyong. "i'll talk to you later dear, just go to your room. i need to speak with the bastard." and just when i thought she would act nice for once, she throws another insult at me. not that i care though.

as soon as taeyong disappeared, she basically ran to me and slapped hard. another mark for my collection. "it's what you earned little bitch. anyways look, i'm too tired to shout at you today. so i won't get my husband to discipline you either. i just have to say that we will be having guests over tomorrow. so you will stay inside your rooms at all times and you're forbidden to go downstairs, understood?" i just nodded my head as i'm scared that words will get me another hit. "good. but i won't let you off that easily. clean the whole house by tonight. if i don't see it spotless by the time i wake up, you best know that you're getting a beating. good night slut." step-mom said while patting my head with an evil smile, walking away afterwards as i sighed. here i go again with the useless chores, going to the storage room to get the cleaning utensils. the house is already clean, sparkling even. just with some dust in the corners and that's also unnoticeable! they just want to see me suffer and you know what? so be it. i started with the kitchen and made my progress from there. i made sure everything was done and wiped my forehead. looking at the clock on the wall that read 12:00AM, thank god tomorrow is a saturday.

i put everything back to its place and walked upstairs, towards my bedroom. after i walked in and locked the door (since i'm going to be grounded anyway), i weakly went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. once everything was ready and i completed my night routine, i placed my phone on the bedside table as i let my body fall onto the soft surface. i'm so tired of everything, i want it to all end. i should've listened to them when they told me to kill myself. i know i said that i'm doing this for my family, especially my older sister. but, are they even watching over me anymore? it's been so long, they should have forgotten about me already. i guess i'll give life another try, i still have a feeling that things will change. even though i'm probably lying to myself and it's going to fail me again. give me more time and i'm sure i'm gonna break soon.

 i sighed for the nth time that day and shifted myself to a more comfortable position as i stared at the ceiling. oh mom, dad, sis.. how i miss you. please come back to me and help me.. all i ask is to be loved. why can't the world give me that one simple thing? i don't want wealth, fame, nothing more. why does everything have to be so unfair? that's reality huh? whatever. i checked my phone for the last time to see if there's anything interesting in social media. i set it back on the table after a few minutes as i yawned. i should get some rest then. i curled myself up into a ball and hugged my knees, i just find this sleeping position the most comfortable and one that can fill my loneliness. finally, i closed my eyes as i let myself fall into a deep slumber.. towards dream land where things are more calm.

??? pov

another day in hell where i'm just walking around and doing nothing. i wonder why i'm here all alone, it would be nice to have some company. but, i'm going to guess the other demons are doing their tasks to bother humans on earth. talking about that place, it's been a while since i've visited. i know it's my job but, satan has never really given me anything to do after the big war against heaven. i was one of the people fighting at the front and almost got myself killed. so the leader of hell told me to rest for a bit. it has been 100 years after that day though and i'm back in shape.

 "johnny! i have a task for you." wow, satan must've read my thoughts. "coming.." i used my wings to fly me to the top of the castle where his throne is. "your majesty." i greeted as i walked towards him. "oh come on man, we're friends. don't use that term." "alright fine, what's up yuta?" "i just wanted to let you know that a human on earth might be interested on making a deal with you." deals? ah man this one's rare. "really? what makes you say that?" "well, it's the usual. the hardships that a human goes through can really take a toll on them." "may i see whoever they are then?" "sure, i have all the info right here. there's also a memory i've stored, so you can see what kind of pain he's been experiencing." yuta gave me a piece of paper and a jar containing a glowing sphere. those are what we call memories, both satan and god have easy access while we (demons and angels) have to ask them permission to obtain it.

 i quickly read through the basics as yuta observes me. "ten?" "yup, so do you accept this task?" "of course, anything to lessen my boredom. thanks yuta, i'll see you soon!" i waved at him as he shows me a smirk, wonder what that's about. anyways, i spread my wings again and flew back to the dry soil. finding a place to sit while i opened up the jar and let the glowing object enter my head. a flashback started playing, showing me all the awful things this kid has gone through. he looks so cute too, pure, i almost felt bad for him but i remembered that i shouldn't. he's still a teenager as well, it's too bad that if he shakes his hand with me, i would have to take his soul. but that's his decision to make, not mine.

i got myself ready as i read the address, memorizing it before folding the paper and storing it into my pocket. i took a deep breath, chanting a spell with a low voice and thinking of the place. closing my eyes, i felt my body zooming through a portal and when i opened them.. i was in his bedroom. there he was, laying motionless with calm breaths. almost tricking me into thinking that there was nothing wrong with him. glad to know some details about this human. i walked towards his bed slowly as to not wake him up and just perceived him. focusing on his features as i felt myself daydream and smile- what am i doing? snap out of it johnny! you cannot fall in love with mortal beings, it's stated in the humongous book of rules! but i couldn't stop my actions, before i knew it, i had reached my hand out to gently pat his head. leading him to stir in his sleep.. fuck, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK! I NEED TO HIDE!

ten pov

i was in the middle of what i thought was a peaceful slumber when i felt a hand patting my head. okay what the hell, i wasn't supposed to feel that literally. even though i was tired, i forced myself to open my eyes and sit up. stretching while yawning in the process. then, i checked my phone to look at the time since i don't have an actual clock. it was 3:00AM, oh great.. supernatural things happening in the cursed hour. totally normal. i looked around the room and things seemed to be in the right place, but i could sense something. so i decided to do the most stupid shit i could think of, call out to whatever is in my room.

 "hey! i can sense your presence! whoever you are, you can reveal yourself! i promise i'll try not to be frightened!" i whisper-shouted as i wait, not getting any response at the end. now i look like an idiot. this is amazing. maybe i really was hallucinating.. i'm going back to bed. as i was about to continue my dream, i noticed a dark shadow next to me. i steadily looked up and never regretted anything more. an eerie-looking man stood tall, eyes fully black and huge wings that were double his size on his back. spreading through half my whole room. i let out the loudest scream as he swiftly covered my mouth with his hand, using the other to put his pointer finger on his lips. "shh, you don't want to wake up your step-family right?" i removed his hand off of me and whisper-shouted once again, "who are you?!"