★ 三

"feels like i'm being born again. gaze that fills me up.. you."

-

ten pov

the handsome stranger smirked slightly as he replied, "oh how rude of me for not being able to introduce myself properly. hi! i'm johnny and a demon." "that's cool- wait, what did you say you were?" i couldn't believe my ears, i knew they existed but.. i didn't think i would ever see one with my naked eyes. " a demon." he repeated while emphasizing the word. "what are you doing here anyway? did i sin really badly and now you're going to be dragging me to hell? cause honestly i would go, i just want to escape this place." 

'johnny' smiled and shook his head, "no ten, i wouldn't be able to do it without a reason. i will be at your service if you decided to make a deal with me." "but i didn't ask for it did i? how come you're at this house out of all the others you can choose from?" i asked curiously, completely ignoring the fact that he knew my name. "oh human, you ask too many questions.." he laughed a bit as i felt my heart racing. his small gesture made me flustered, somehow finding it attractive. "basically, satan thought you needed help and sent me here to serve you. i can't really go if you don't respond to my offer. it's either you accept or decline." at this point, he was already sitting at the end of my bed. i didn't really mind, his aura was actually kind of comforting.. which is the absolute opposite of his appearance. "hm, what are the consequences?" "well, there's only one but it is major. once the period is over and you're finally getting what you want, i get to take your soul and devour it. as a sign that you've fallen down the depths of hell and will continue to stay there for infinity."

damn, that is a hard decision. you get a big opportunity to finally improve your life but.. after that temporary happiness? you die. to be honest, i don't really want anything.. so why did satan send him here? maybe he read my mind last night, where i'm longing for love. what's the point though? it's only for a bit and i'll feel empty again. "ten? have you thought about it yet?" shit, i was in my mind for way too long. "actually, can you give me more time please?" "of course, you wouldn't feel burdened if i crash your place till you answer me will you? cause again, i'm not allowed back there yet." thank god he understood my situation, i thought he would rush me to make my choice. as a demon, he's definitely a charming one.

 "yeah no worries, you can hide yourself when someone comes in though right? i don't think seeing you would be a good sight- i mean no offence, you're gorgeous and all- wait what? i meant uh.. shit, it's just that you're kind of abnormal and it would freak them out i guess." i slapped my palm onto my face as he full-on cackled at my statement. i did not just gay panic in front of a demon. "anyways, you don't have to think about that, when us creatures are in the human world.. we can only be visible to the person we're assigned to. so no one else gets to see my beautiful face, sadly." i cringed at what he said and glared, "johnny!!" "what? i'm just saying. but it's for the best." we both giggled and i sighed, somehow i've gotten to know a demon better than a human in an hour. that's what trauma does to you probably.

after a few minutes of comfortable silence, i yawned again. i almost forgotten that it was literally 4:00AM, talking to johnny really distracted me from everything. "you seem to be sleepy, why don't you go ahead and get some rest? since i accidentally interrupted it before." the demon smiled gently at me, "sure, i will.. but where will you sleep though?" "ah, don't worry about that. i'll just lay on the floor, i can use my wings as both my pillow and blanket. how convenient isn't it?" he's too sweet, there's no way that he isn't an angel in disguise.

 "okay then, uhm.. can i ask for a small favor?" "it depends, just kidding. shoot." "i've always wanted to try this but i've never had any friends. now that i have company, i just wanted to know if you're comfortable with cuddling with me on the bed while you stay here? i know it's a weird request but it would benefit the both of us, you wouldn't have to sleep on the cold, hard ground and i wouldn't have to experience the fear of being lonely briefly. i do understand if you don't want to though, you're probably not even gay." he looked at me as though offended, "excuse you, i'm bisexual. i've never had a partner in my life but that's beside the point- i would love to cuddle with you! it's definitely going to be a new feeling but i'm all up for it."

there he goes again with his positiveness, he really has to stop before i fall in love with him for real. i felt my cheeks heat up, "cute." that made them even redder. "JOHNNY!!!" i shut myself up. "shh ten.." "sorry, anyways come here." he crawled to the empty space beside me as i laid my body. we faced each other and i awkwardly started the hug, him soon following. we got ourselves comfortable as a few seconds pass, his wings eventually wrapping itself around me and johnny. "so warm and fuzzy," the demon in front of me sighs in pleasure, "very different to the temperature i'm used to but i could definitely adjust." i yawned once again as i felt my eyes drooping. "well i'm off johnny, good night.." "good night ten, sleep well!" and in no time, right after he said that, i slept soundlessly. thanks to the presence in front of me and his comforting hold. maybe there is still hope left..

johnny pov

i watched his body going limp as he immediately doze. why am i actually enjoying this? why am i glad that he chose to reply to my offer later on? i would probably feel disgusted if it were to be someone else. because honestly, who asks a random person they just met to cuddle? isn't that a bit suspicious and creepy? yet it feels natural when i'm doing it with ten, it's like we've known each other for ages when in reality.. we talked to each other for the first time today. i really can't fall for him though. the rules are there for a reason and not just useless writings. i feel like i need to keep reminding myself that. ten is mortal and i'm immortal. one will eventually die while the other lives forever. things will result in a heartbreak and nothing would be balanced anymore. i wish my body would just listen to my brain but, of course my heart takes the lead. i don't care how much energy it would take but i'll be trying with every last will to stop that from happening. even though it could go terribly wrong. what are you doing to me ten?