★ 十 四

❝i was thinking and now my head is spinning. why are you doing this to me?❞

-

third pov

it was the next day when jaehyun got some signals in his mind which caused him to wake up earlier than taeyong, "what the?" "hyung!" "..jaemin?" the angel was confused, why did this boy suddenly reach out to him? did something bad happen? that was usually the case. "i'm so glad that you answered! i thought you were still asleep at this time, but thank god that it was just a misconception!" the man nervously chuckled at the bubbly angel's sentence, "well to be honest i was having a nap. though it is alright, i'm sure this is much more important than rest so.. what do you need?" "oh, i apologize hyung~ i just missed you so much and wanted to talk. it's not an emergency." jaehyun had to cover his mouth to prevent himself from cooing too much. no matter how long these two get separated, jaemin will always stay a silly cutie. "pfft if that's how it is then it's okay too, you should start the topic cause i got nothing to discuss at the moment."

"yay!! i am so happy to be able to tell you all about my mission! it was a huge success! jeno is now way more happier than he was before and, he shares everything with me!" "and you did this all in one month? wow, i'm impressed. but again, not surprised as you are one huge social butterfly after all. so, when will you return to heaven?" "ah that's still a long process. my human has improved but sadly, his family is still distant. so i have to solve that first before i can leave, and i think that will take a while."  "mm yes i see.." "that's enough talking about me, what about you hyung? what's your progress?" "u-uhm.." honestly, the man wanted to save all this information from the younger. since there was too much to the story and he's afraid that jaemin would get overwhelmed, "what's wrong hyung? i can hear the hesitation in your voice, need to rant to me about anything?" darn it, the angel knew that he couldn't keep things a secret when there's the latter involved. he's just too good at handling emotions.

 jaehyun couldn't resist any longer when he basically heard the pout from the other line, "fine. it's about taeyong.. my assignment isn't like the normal ones. cause this involves two people and i'm stressed out trying to figure out a possibility to get out of this mess." "elaborate please." "this other person is ten, my human's step brother. taeyong is supposed to apologize to him as a part of the healing process but.. the other day we had just found out that the boy wasn't normal." "what did he exactly do?" "a deal with our enemies, the demons." a gasp could be perceived coming from jaemin. "oh no.." "yeah. so now, not only do i have to help tae get his life back together.. i also need to find a way to defeat his brother without really hurting him." the angel was almost breaking down, over-thinking about things as he explained the situation. though thankfully, the younger stepped in on time. "i might have a solution for you." "and that is? you think these things are easy?" the boy growled in frustration, "listen hyung. i know that i might not be the smartest person out there but i'm being serious about this! why won't you just hear me out?"

the man was stunned, what was he thinking? he should've let him spoken before judging. "i'm so sorry, please continue." the other sighed, "i have a confession to make. jeno isn't only my assigned anymore, he's my boyfriend. i know that you're going to be mad but let me speak first. i had accidentally kissed him while helping for a school project and that set off the whole relationship. though, it was not only our status that changed. my human was beginning to transform too. ever since that incident, it felt like the both of us got connected. and.. it was as if a small portion of my powers were transferred onto his body." all jaehyun had in mind was 'damn', things were really that simple? he couldn't believe it.