★ 六

"just one tear is all it takes. cry for me, let me please forgive you."

-

taeyong pov

as soon as the door was locked, i dropped my body onto the bed and buried my face into the pillow. sobbing quietly, scared that someone would hear me. why? why did i have to be born this way? i should've been normal, but no.. i had to be gay and closeted. why did my parents even arrange a marriage? i'm still 18. can't they give me more time? plus, the girl that they wanted me to be partners with was such a whore. she was trying to seduce me the whole time, i could tell that she only wanted to get in my pants. probably when we do move out and i come back home to our shared place, i'm about to find her with random men on the bed. 

but of course my parents wouldn't care, they just wanted me to be with someone who's rich, for their own benefits and not mine. i wish i was brave enough to just admit my sexuality, though i can't. i'm sure i would be kicked out without hesitation and i wouldn't have anywhere to go. being the wailing mess that i was, i thought back to my kind step-brother. why does ten still care about me? i verbally abuse him and he still asked me if i'm okay. god, i'm stupid. i really didn't want to start bullying him but my parents fooled me into thinking that he was a mean person. and after that, i've just been constantly taking my anger out on him. i want to apologize for everything and change the way i interact with him, but i'm a coward. i wish everything could change. i want ten to be happy, i'm truly sorry.

i decided i already spent too much time weeping as i wiped my face. time to do my night routine. i went to the bathroom and started stripping, turning on the shower and getting in. after 20 minutes, i was done and wrapped my waist with a towel while going to brush my teeth. then, i went back to my room to get myself dressed. after all of that, i laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling. remembering to last night when i heard noises in ten's room that was literally next to mine. i focused myself and tried to listen to my next door step-brother. but then, all i heard was silence this time.. maybe he's already asleep?

 that's weird, i know that he likes to stay up but not with the reason, since i've never made an effort to spark a full conversation with the boy. so, was ten really lying to me or i was the one mishearing something last night? never mind, i'm being a goddamn hypocrite. i told him to mind his own business but here i am being nosy. if he doesn't admit it, means that he doesn't want to talk about it. so i won't. i'll try to ignore the subject. suddenly, i released a yawn. okay, i'm weird today. this is the first time i've ever felt tired on this hour. maybe i should shut my eyes, hoping to forget about all my problems when i wake up the next day. and that's exactly what i did, getting into a comfortable position and falling asleep.

??? pov

i was walking around with my friend and co-angel jaemin, enjoying our time since we haven't really caught up with each other in a while. both of us being busy with our duties to make earth a better place. "so hyung, what jobs were you given yesterday?" "ah you know, the usual.. just giving off fortune to humans and making sure they were safe." "wow me too! i-" jaemin couldn't continue his story as we both heard our names being called to the castle. "god needs us, let's go." our wings extended as we flew high, travelling to the sky-scraping level of the tall building.