★ 十 八

❝oh i walk to you, i link the two worlds.❞

-

third pov

the step-siblings were in the middle of their school holiday, supposedly having one more week till they had to go back. taeyong was in his final year of high school while ten was now considered a senior. talking about the boy, he has been weak for a couple of days. he could only lay in bed and wouldn't have the energy to be able to do other activities. taeyong was getting worried, so he decided that him and johnny would have a private chat together. "what is it yong?" the demon asked as they got into the step-brother's room. jaehyun went out of the house to give them space and go on a little walk. 

"i want you to explain what's been going on with my little bro lately." "i'm sorry tae, i don't think you're gonna like what i'll say so i'm keeping my mouth shut." "i don't care if i end up upset, okay?! i just need you to inform me." there was a silence before the man sighed, "fine. his tattoo has been glowing crazily nowadays and.. it's almost been six months since we made that deal. my theory is.. is that it's nearly his time to go." the human was speechless, he put his hands on his face and quietly let out, "okay. thank you, you may go now. i think i need some time alone." johnny went towards the smaller and pat his back. "i'm sorry taeyong.. stay strong. i believe you can get through it."

time skip~

the four were together in ten's room cause they were having a movie day with nothing else to do. the brothers' parents have been nowhere to be seen so they didn't have to worry about being caught, probably out for business reasons. they were watching a romcom film, but none of them were really focusing on the plot as they admitted in their minds that it was getting boring. the characters were in the middle of kissing when the group suddenly heard a groan next to them, followed by a thud. johnny's eyes went wide while he rushed towards his boyfriend's side, who was now laying weakly on the floor. "babe what's wrong? why.. why are you acting like this?" he moved the boy's head so that it was now laying on his lap. 

ten softly smiled as he looked at each and everyone of them. "guys.. i think it's time.." "NO!" they were startled while taeyong covered his mouth, "i'm sorry.. i just- i don't want you to go yet ten! i refuse to believe it!" "i know hyung, and i apologize.. i've been trying to hold back the moment for as long as i could. i remember feeling this way since last week yet i managed to stay awake. but.. i don't think i can do this any longer.. it hurts more to even open my eyes. i-i don't want to g-go either." the other tried to smile, "hey.. it's okay, it's fine.. i'll be alright. please don't blame yourself for this, it was your decision and i should respect that. i have to let you go. i'll miss you so much ten." taeyong approached him and kissed the boy on the forehead. he moved back as a few tears escaped him. "i'll give you time to talk to johnny now. let's go jaehyun, i can't.. watch my brother suffer anymore." they went out with the angel comforting the human.

"so, this is the end huh?" ten lightly chuckled before a coughing fit hit him. "no bub, we'll see each other again on the other side. i'll convince satan somehow." the boy reached out for the demon as he caressed his cheek. "will you stay with me forever?" "always." "that is a promise you won't break right?" "of course my darling." the pain soon got worse while the latter's breathing pattern turned irregular. he dropped his arm as he doesn't have enough power. "i f-feel it coming.. johnny i'm s-scared.." "you're going to be okay. i'll stay here, i'm never leaving." "t-thank you so much john, y-you're the best thing that has happened in my life."