★ 四

"the truth has me tied up. my heart is tainted, i'm afraid it'll eventually change you too."

-

third pov

it was the next day when the birds chirped and the sunlight seeped into the room. ten woke up surprisingly tranquil, he hasn't had this feeling ever since he was adopted into this so-called family. the boy opened his eyes, finding that the demon in front of him was staring. it shocked him a bit.. almost forgetting that johnny was real and not apart of his imagination. "oh, you're awake. sorry to scare you early, but i awoken too early and i didn't want to disturb you." johnny's deep and raspy voice sounded, and ten never thought of anything more hot. "shit, that morning voice.."

 "it's alright johnny, i'll get used to it sooner or later." they both giggled when loud knocks interrupted them, echoing throughout the room. "HEY BASTARD, OPEN UP THE DOOR!!" ten sighed as the demon released his grip on the boy. getting up, he fixed himself a bit and unlocked the entrance. the sound of a slap was heard, his step-mom's hand had made contact with ten's face. johnny was witnessing everything on the side, hating that he couldn't do anything about his abusive 'parents'. it was taking everything in his body not to turn them all into ashes.

 "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG YOU FUCKING FAG?!" "i-i'm sorry.. i don't think i heard you the first t-time.." the woman rolled her eyes, "whatever, i wanted to remind you that you're not going downstairs. i don't want my guests to see a dirty slut walking around the house." ten lowered his head, "okay." "very well. also, you're not getting food today. you've had enough 2 days ago and you still look as fat as hell. don't complain like a bitch, you should be thankful that i'm helping you lose weight." he nodded his head while the woman walked away. just as the boy was about to close the door and johnny was about to go to him, a foot stopped his action.

"wait a minute." ten looked up to be met with the gaze of his step-brother, "yes hyung, do you need anything?" "morning brat, i was just wondering about what was in your room the other night?" taeyong smirked as ten widened his eyes, "before you continue, yes i was fully awake and i heard your excessively loud screams. don't you even dare play dumb with me." the boy took a moment and thought of a sentence that will hopefully fool taeyong. "a-ah, that might just be a m-misunderstanding uhm.. i actually had really bad n-nightmares and i couldn't stop myself from s-screaming.. s-sorry if that disrupted you hyung.." his step-brother's smirk turned into a scowl as he sighed. "fine, i won't push you, i'm too exhausted for this argument to go on anyway. but mark my words, i WILL find out about everything that happened last night." taeyong walked away, probably to get ready for the day. ten closed the door and faced johnny, the demon just as speechless as he is. "that was a close one.."

johnny walked towards the human and held his hands, ten's focus on him. "are you okay?" "yes.. no.. i don't know anymore. there's too many things going on and i just want it all to end." his eyes started filling with tears, and one by one they dropped like rain fall. the demon pulled him into a hug as ten's face get buried onto his chest. "there, there.. everything is going to be alright." the boy sobbed loudly as johnny could hear his heart crack a little. "d-do you really think w-what step-mom said a-about me was t-true? me being a s-slut and all.." "NO!" ten's head peaked out, "you shouldn't let the things they say get into your head, you're perfect just the way you are!" the boy blushed and hid himself, "t-thanks johnny.." after a few moments, ten pushed himself out of the demon's embrace as he stared at him in confusion. "i'm going to go take a shower, you won't mind being left alone here right?" "i won't." "okay, i'll be right back." the boy took a towel and some clothes and headed straight to the bathroom.