Chapter 19

Gulf's POV

I checked the bulletin board where the rankings were posted. I immediately scanned the top part because I know my name is there. I checked the first rank, it is not mine. My name was written on the third spot. This is the first time.

I immediately ran to the rooftop and called my dad. "Sorry, I failed you. Sorry, dad..." I was already crying. I wasn't even on the second rank. I don't want to be third. I never dreamt of being the third. I never experienced it.

"What about, son? Did that guy hurt you?"

"Dad, I failed. I promise I'll be on the top 1 again this semester or maybe there is something wrong with the grading. I can ask them and validate... Sorry, dad..." My dad usually brags me to his friends for being consistent number 1 but now...I do not know anymore.

"Relax, son. It is okay. I never pressured you to be top 1." He is only proud of me because of my awards, because of my rank. What is going to happen now that I failed him? "It is fine, son.".

"No, it is not. Call my tutors again, dad. Please. I think I needed more this time. Get the best one."

"Where are you? Is Saint with you? I'll call him to keep you accompanied, okay?"

"Rooftop, dad. I think I can't face them. I am so embarrassed. I wanna go home, please."

I need to set my goal straight. I need to focus on my studies.

"Bijj." Saint came panting. "Are you, okay?" He hugged me and I cried even harder. I thought I was done crying already but when he hugged me trying to comfort me, it makes me burst into tears more. "That's fine. I swear we are still proud of you."

"I want to go home please." He held my arms to support me. When we opened the door, we saw Mew approaching. Maybe Saint told him that I am here.

"What's wrong, baby?" He told Saint that we will talk for a while and asked him to wait for me.

"Didn't you see it? James kicked me out of my spot. My name is supposed to be on the number 1."

"It is okay, baby. We are still proud of you. I am still the proudest boyfriend."
He kissed me but I am not in the mood.

"I wanna go home."

"But you still have another class..."

"I want to go home, please." He gave me his car keys.

"Go straight to my car. I'll just get my stuff. Stay there and wait for me. Okay?"

"Yes, dhie." He asked Saint to accompany me in the parking.

Saint immediately left when Mew arrived because he still has class.

"Baby, it's okay. A lot of people would want to be on top 10 but unable to do it, but you made it effortlessly." This is not comforting me at all.

"Let's just go."

He drove me to our home. He also entered my room. "I am staying tonight."

"Is Meyz fine already?"

"I think his parents already arrived from the province so I am not needed there anymore. Why baby?"

"I just want to ask." I am afraid to ask him about Meyz's post. I am so scared of what will be his answer.

"You know what, you shouldn't be stressed about the ranking. I wasn't even included on the top 20 of class but I am just working fine now. It's not the basis of intelligence so cheer up."

"You don't understand me. Let me just change. I badly want to rest." Everything is stressing me out. I wanna sleep to escape my negative thoughts.

"I'll bathe with you." Mew prepared his clothes and we managed to fit in the bathtub. "Just remember that I am the proudest boyfriend ever."