Chapter 20

Mew's POV

"I said Out! Now!" He yelled.

"Calm down, baby. I don't know why are you thinking like that but please calm down." I just sat on the floor. There is no way I am leaving him here alone. He is not thinking straight.

"Just go." He said calmly. "If you are worried that I'll harm myself, please don't. I am not doing such because you are not worth it."

I don't know where is this coming from.

"Third in school and just third on you too. What are you doing Mew? You said you will only love me? Why are you hurting me like this?" He added.

"Baby, I seriously have no idea where is this coming from. But I only love you... No second or third just you."

"I do not know anymore. I feel like I am a loser in every aspect of my life. Should I thank Saint because I was safe now from the rumors circulating in school about a student who flirts with his professor. The rumor is not about us anymore. The rumor is now about my boyfriend and my bestfriend? Should I thank you both? Why Saint? Why him? He is the only friend I have, Mew." He was not crying but you can feel the pain while he speaks.

"Baby... nothing is going on with me and your friend. I cannot do that. Stop drinking. I am staying with you tonight."

"I hate myself for being like this. I told myself that I'll just move on right away and act as if nothing happened but I feel like my life is falling apart. I have no one aside from my dad. Can you just love Meyz? Please not Saint, Mew. Please not my only friend."

I cupped his cheeks. "Baby, listen... Calm down. That rumor is all lie. I only love you. Why would I choose Meyz? She is just my friend. I am yours. Just yours. No second and definitely no third. I am only yours, baby."

"Leave me alone. I want to be alone and think." He is overly sensitive.

"No. I am sleeping here. Did Saint gave you the truffles? It was from Kao. I asked your friend to hand it to you because the dean asked me to fill in with an absent prof. I was busy earlier."

He looks calm but his eyes are teary and I can see that he is controlling his tears. It pains me to know that he is thinking this way. Maybe he was just being sensitive today after he was ranked third on school.

I need to be patient with him today. I know he just loves me so much. Me being mad at him won't help us resolve this. Alcohol may be clouding his mind too.

"I love you, baby. Please rest."

"Dhie? Am I hard to love? Everyone is just pretending to like me because of my connection but no one trully loves me." He was faking a laugh.  "To be honest, I thought I will end up with Kao. He acted like he was so in love with me. He follows everything I say. When I asks him to stop talking to that girl, he'll do it right away. He can even slap those girls in front of me just to prove me that I am the only one. He loves me, that is what I thought. You know what? He was fucking my cousin behind my back. Funny, right? I am nothing but a laughing stock. Are you like that too? Are you just acting too?"

I cupped his cheeks and look straight to his eyes. I wanna show him that everything I am saying is true. "I only love you and remember this --- you deserve all the love in the world. Trust me, please."

"It's hard to act tough. I am not as strong as everyone thinks. I am far from being like that. Behind the character I am showing to everyone is a pathetic, weak and sensitive gay like me. I can't handle the pain anymore. My heart was like breaking into pieces. Please love me, dhie! I beg you to just please love me." Fuck. I hugged him tight.

"I am here. I will prove to you that I love you truly. Stop thinking about negative thoughts and allow me to prove it to you. You don't need to beg for my love. I have given it to you right from the start. You manage to stole my heart the first time I met you."

"Help me, dhie! I don't want to be like this..."

I caressed his back. I am not used to see him like this. It would be better if he yelled at me or even hurt me physically. It pains me seeing him weak like this.

"Tell me what do you want me to do, baby. Anything, I  will surely do it for you."

"Just only look at me. I want all your attention on me. I wanna be selfish and ask you to be mine only." I know how much he is trying to compose his self.

"Baby. Granted. I just want you to trust me and don't ask me to leave again." He nodded slowly. I carried him and moved him to his bed.

"Do not leave. Stay here."

"I am not leaving." I lay down beside him and pulled Gulf closer to rest on my chest. I just played with his hair until he fell asleep.

I was woken up by my alarm at exactly 5 in the morning. I need to get changed before going to school so I am thinking of heading to MS gardens first. He was sleeping soundly. I played with his hair and kissed the tip of nose.

"Where are you going?" He asked worriedly.

"To get my clothes. I think I have spare in my suite."

"You are not meeting anyone?"
I am seriously starting to get annoyed but I am trying to be patient. He needs me now.

"I am not, baby. Do you want to come with me?" I asked him.

"No need. I trust you."
I know he doesn't trust me fully.

"See you at school, baby. Update me, okay?" I left him at his home first and asked his nanny to check him from time to time.

It was past 8 already but Gulf still has no replies on my messages. I've been calling him but he is not answering at all.
I am so worried.

Saint approached me. "Have you talked already to Gulf, sir? I think someone is spreading a rumor in school's pages that you and me...oh fuck...Gulf is even absent today. I forgot to hand him the truffles that you asked me to give him."
And why is Gulf absent today? He didn't mention it to me.

I called his dad to inform him. I am afraid something might happen to him.

I quickly rushed to his home after I was done with all my classes.

His room was unlocked. I saw him at the terrace in the same position from last night wearing the same robe he is wearing this morning. He is holding a goblet while eating chips.

"Hi, dhie? How's your class?" His face is so red and by the looks of him, he must be drunk already.

"Baby, why are you here? Why did you skip class?"

"I don't want to go to school anymore." He said it as if it's so simple.

"You are going to school. You are not dropping out. Listen to me! Stop worrying about stuff. How about I bring you to a specialist?"

He laughed bitterly.

"Even my boyfriend thinks I am sick. I am not going anywhere. I am fine. Who told you about me? Why are you thinking that I am sick?"

"It's not like that, my baby. Stop drinking, will you? I am damn tired at school already."

"I am thinking since morning, I think we should just break up. I need to focus on my studies. Let's break up, Mew."

"What are you talking about? You are just drunk. No one's breaking up." I know he is not serious with this.

"I am messed up, Mew. I don't want to be like this. Let me fix myself first. Let's end this."

"Are you aware of what you are saying?"
My heart feels like breaking into pieces.

"Yes, sir! I asked my dad already. He is sending me abroad." He whispered to my ears. "Will you make love with me for the last time?"

"Fuck it! I am trying to be patient with you but you just broke up with me easily. Is it too easy to let me go? Well, if you want it, FINE! Break up then. But I am not fucking you for the last time. I am not having sex with someone who is not even my boyfriend."

I stormed out of his room and immediately left the mansion.

You are going to regret this, Gulf.