Last Chapter

Gulf's POV

"I miss you... So much. Is this your kid?" His voice is trembling. It's been how many years since I last saw Mew.

"Yes. Zion is my son."

"Zion, why don't you introduce yourself to him?" Kao asked my son.

"Hi, I am Zion. I came from my mommy's heart. He loves me so much that's why he made me his son. He is my mommy." He pointed to me. "He is my daddy too." Still pointing to me.

"Come here, honey. Start eating." He pushed the chair beside me and started eating on his own.

"Do you want to sit down?" I asked Mew. He is still dumbfounded.

Zion is my savior. I hid from everyone for years. I really can't face anyone at that time. I've been attending therapy for almost three years. Kao has been coming to our house once a month. He found me because his dad saw me one time when he was having a meeting with my dad. Kao asked me to start a business with him and I agreed. I really want to move on from the past.

I found Zion in an orphanage near my dad's hotel. I think he was just like one year and a half back then. He held my hand and called me mommy. I felt the warmth from him. That same day, I processed his papers so I can adopt him. I keep on coming to that place to see him. He is very special to my heart. It took weeks before they approved my request.

For almost three years, I've been very happy because of Zion. He is the reason why I am standing strong now. He saved me from the unbearable pain and from the nightmare that keeps hunting me down.

"Zion, why don't you tell him who is the most handsome guy in the world," Kao asked him. He is really fond of Zion.

"I am now confused, uncle. I met another handsome guy now." Zion told him.

"Hey, where is your loyalty? I always let you eat in my restaurant for free."
Kao teased him.

"But you are not paying my mom for your drinks in our bar too."
He looked at me. "Right, mom? Show him the list of his drinks last week."
My son is really silly.

"Hey come here. Follow me.  Let's fight outside." Kao carried my son outside.

I know what is Kao doing.

"How are you, Mew?" I think I can confidently talk to him now after my years of therapy.

"I miss you. I still love you."
Mew's eyes are so red.

"You and Ace are okay now. It's good to see."

"Baby, are you listening to me?"

"I am, but I am fine already with Zion. All I care about right now is my son."

"I love you still and I know you still feel the same. I promise that it will never happen again. We will always talk things out and never sleep without resolving our issues. I will only look at you. Please love me back... Give me this one last chance."

Should I try again?
Should I give myself this chance to love and be loved again?

"Let's talk again next time. I am busy."
I went to the restroom.

I was about to open the last cubicle when I didn't notice that Mew follow me here. He pushed me inside and locked it.

"Do not lock it, Mew." This is the entrance to my bar for heaven's sake.

He pinned me to the wall and kissed me hungrily.  "I told you that I miss you so much." He then continued kissing me. The hidden door opened.

"What the fuck." He was shocked.