Epilogue

pls read authors note i love you all happy reading

Two months later

It's amazing how quickly life can change.

Just eight months ago, I was an entirely different person; I wasn't nearly as confident in myself as I am today, nor was I happy. I relied so heavily on six of my only friends and I was so dependant on them that when they left, I didn't know what to do.

But now, everything is different.

I miss them, of course. I sort of drifted apart from them once Ross and I broke up, but I know they're doing well. They made new friends and so did I. And it just reinforces my thinking that yeah, this definitely was for the best.

"So, I heard they're coming back." Blake says as she braids my hair. She doesn't have to say their names; she knows I know who shes talking about.

"Yeah." I sighed. Her hands still on my hair.

"I thought you ended things with Ross on good terms?"

"It's not like I'm mad at him.... It's just that, I don't know, I don't really want to see him." I mutter, playing with my fingers. She's staring at me expectantly, and I know she wants to know why I don't want to see my own best friend. "I'm just worried I guess. I don't want to go back to the girl I was before because she wasn't good. I don't want to go back to that place."

Blake turns me around so she can look in my eyes. "Court, do you think that just seeing Ross is going to bring you back to who you were eight months ago?" I look away from her so she can't see my face. "You aren't a different person. You're just a better version of yourself. And seeing your best friend isn't going to make you forget everything you've learned about yourself in the past few months. Trust me." She gives me a small smile.

"Thanks Blakey."

"Anytime babe." She squeezes my hands once and stands up. "I heard from a little birdie named Rydel that they're playing a show here in a few hours and that we have some bomb ass seats. If you want to go, that is." She offers, reaching into her bag, pulling out two tickets, and waving them around my face.

Without really thinking about it, I stand with her and head out the door, ready to see my best friend again.

-

Now that we're here, I'm starting to realize that this is a really bad idea. I'm really not ready to see them again and I don't want to have a breakdown or panic attack or whatever is going to happen to me in front of all these teenage fangirls. Especially since all of these teenage fangirls know me all too well.

"Don't you dare start to regret your decision." Blake leans over to whisper in my ear as we make our way to the balcony. "We're here to go to a good concert and have a fun time, not to worry about stupid ex boyfriends, alright?" I nod at her.

But as soon as I see Stormie and Alexa sitting next to each other, I seriously consider making a run for it. But Blake notices and lightly pushes me forward so I'm standing in front of both of them.

Stormie squeals and stands up to give me a full body hug. "Courtney! Oh my goodness, we missed you so much! It totally wasn't the same not having you around. Rydel and I had an even harder time keeping the boys in line!" She laughs and holds me at arms length, giving me a content sigh. "Sweetie, you're glowing. You look so good."

I look down and blush. My progress isn't just internal apparently; it's external too.

"Ross has missed you."

My ears perk up. "What? Really?"

"Well, he didn't come right out and say it, but it's mothers instinct. I know he did." She smiles at me, but my mood deflates.